What's new

If We Could Ride K'NEX Coasters, How Would They Ride?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So I am just currently in the process of building the K'NEX Web Weaver coaster, and I was wondering to myself "If I was small enough to sit in those little cars and ride the coaster, how would I feel? Would the ride be smooth, rough, intense, crazy?". I think if we could ride the coasters we create, then we can have them do the craziest of things, and be able t experience them for ourselves. So, K'NEX coasters look to provide a lot of lateral and vertical G-Force, so much so they would probably kill you, and the ride would probably be a little rattily, and would probably feel like a Gerstlauer or S&S El Loco (as they are pretty much giant safe K'NEX coasters). What do you think?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
It's an interesting thought, but I'd be more scared at the fact that the ride's being held up by plastic sticks that are probably going to break from the stress of trying to the force the pieces into each other.

But I could be overthinking it.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Probably a lot of forces, especially vertical G. Once tried recreating the Knex Figure 8 coaster on Planet Coaster and had to Modify the layout a lot to make it rideable.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I can't imagine it would be much fun when the forgetful child operating the coaster leaves it running whilst they're at school.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Web Weaver would have to have some sort of spinning/flipping seat configuration. I guess it would classify as a powered coaster, with a new propulsion system? Either way, if it ran like the model the blood rushing to your head would undoubtably kill you. Even on the more realistic knex coasters, the gees would be extremely intense, seeing as knex makes all their elements exponentially smaller because of the horrible speed loss.
I’ve always thought a knex set with instructions to build an El Loco would be cool, and they could sell it at parks.

Pear

Strata Poster
Has the offseason started early?

Anyways to answer your question they would ride badly.