What's new

How to travel to parks by train (UK)

tks

Strata Poster
Depending on the train company you can book advance tickets 12 weeks in advance (usually) and can get some awesome deals if you know when you're travelling.

For example I have a train booked from Manchester to Brighton in 2 weeks that is costing me £9.90 to go one way, and £13.30 on the return. Bargain. (With a railcard).

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Fantastic link.

As for the price of train tickets, they vary. And I'm not about to stick up for them being cheap when they aren't. To get the most out of trains, you need to use them a lot, and live in a hot spot.

For me to get up to Stoke-On-Trent for the live, for a single, is just under £8.

I do however have a 16-25 railcard, which costs something like £25 a year. It's well worth it for me, as usually the amount saved on a trip to Blackpool each year covers it.

Only tip I can really suggest is avoid smaller routes and stations where possible. For Alton, I'd check out going to Derby and getting the bus, etc.

Pierre, tbf, if you lived in London you wouldn't have that problem. :p

Another failure for the north? I think so.

It's a horrible circle because, in order for the lines and thus the costs and time to improve, people have to be using it. The East Coast lines that go from London all the way up into Scotland are fantastic, both in time and price.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Hahahaha I didn't even know that existed. Sadly only departure option from Middlesbrough is BUS.

Oh well!