What's new

How do you beat coaster fear?

yinyang

Mega Poster
I find that the fear adds to the adrenaline and to the ride the majority of the time. I actually like having fear before a coaster.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
It's weird. I had this fear of looping coasters for a long time. It was odd, because I WANTED to ride them. They looked like so much fun. I wasn't really scared of them, either. I knew it was safe. I knew that I would be inverted not more than a second and I would hardly even have time to process the thought that I was upside-down. I even almost mustered the courage to ride Rock N' Roller Coaster one time. But I couldn't.

Then, one day, a few years ago on a Disney trip, I woke up. And I wanted to go on Rock N' Roller Coaster. My fear completely vanished. Inexplicably. I did nothing to get rid of it. Nothing changed. I went to MGM that morning. Never once thought of turning back. I got off the ride loving it. It was a great feeling. And now, there's pretty much not a single ride, coaster or flat that I won't at least try once. (Although I found out the hard way that Sky Swats are not an experience you want to repeat more than once. :roll:)

Anyways, maybe it will just happen. Maybe one day, you'll just decide to get over your fear of scary coasters. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :--D