What's new

How come Eurofighters stop just before lift?

Brookes

Giga Poster
From viewing POVs of some Eurofighters I've noticed that the car always seems to stop on the brake segment just before it engages the lift hill. Is there a specific reason for this? Is it because it has to wait for the chain to start going round or something as this is what I noticed?

Ollie

CF Legend
It has a hook/catch thing that it has to wait for. As soon as it catches the train it goes up the lift hill.
If you stand to the side and watch it in the future you'll see it. There may even be a video on Youtube of it somewhere.

Someone will explain it better than me probably as I don't know all the technical names for all the bits. :p

Brookes

Giga Poster
Ahh right, I thought it would be something like that. Just wondered why they do it and a lot of other coasters don't, but now I know. Thanks!

Ollie

CF Legend
It's because the trains are really heavy as well and to pull it up vertically it needs as really strong hook.

A

Anonymous

Well, on a Eurofighter the hook's (there are only "that" many on a chain) sits on the chain rather then on the train (chain-dog), which mean that the train stops at the lift so that the chain can engage the train smoothly.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'll add my question to this topic.

On Saw i noticed a white brush running up the entire lift hill, what's it cleaning?