What's new

How busy are thorpe expected to be?

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Half term ends this week so all the schools will be open again Monday... However my school has an inset day then so I plan to go to thorpe to see if I can get two good trips there in a row

How many other schools are off then and does anyone know how busy I should expect it to be.

(Not sure if this is trip planning or a general question)

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Your best bet is to go the 2nd week everybody is back at school. If you wait too long then it will be the summer holidays and schools even start to do thier own educational trips to themeparks when it gets hotter, so yeah, the best time to go is in the next cpl of weeks

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll be at Alton that day, so I hope that the Berkshire kids with an inset day don't go to AT!

But yeah, Ryan, I reckon it'll be quietish, which is why me, my brother and a few local mates are hitting up Alton. Would rather drive a 350 mile round trip in a day than visit Thorpe :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Monday, mmmmmmmm.

I have the day off, my 2 brothers have the day off, my mum also has the day off from her school.

At least 4 other schools I know will be closed for inset/CPD days. And that's just Aldershot!

So I'd say..... still rather busy at forp :lol:

Plus! Remember that some schools are having the whole of next week off and are on a different cycle with their easter hols actually starting easter weekend.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, ignore my earlier post, I've just realised I'm a week ahead of myself.

But yeah, bloody inset day? Why? Just had two weeks off for Easter.

Anyway, enjoy yourself.

Rob

Mega Poster
ryan462, expect it to be busy. It shouldn't be as bad as the school hols but I can't see it being all that quiet. I'd imagine about 60 mins for Colossus, 30 for everything else.

But then again everyone might decide not to visit Thorpe and go to alton :p . It really is a shot in the dark.

Rush

Giga Poster
Inverse said:
Many schools in Berkshire have monday off.

Mine doesn't. :(

Don't forget to add 25% extra queueing time for whatever the board says because of Fastrack. :roll:

I recommend Sundays for visiting Thorpe.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Dam, I thought I was so lucky that I had the day of school when everyone didn't but it still sounds like its going to be quite busy..

marc

CF Legend
At least you did not read it the way I did, I read it as insest day and thought what the hell is going on! :oops:

nealbie

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
At least you did not read it the way I did, I read it as insest day and thought what the hell is going on! :oops:

ROFL! :lol:

Ben said:
What's an inset day and why did I never get them?

An inset day (not insest Marc :roll: ) is the "official" name for a teacher training day, where children don't go into school for the day as the class teachers have to learn stuff for once! :p

And if you've never had one of them you have been severely mistreated Ben.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
southend_marc said:

You must have just finished reading this topic:

Emmett

Giga Poster
Neal said:
An inset day (not insest Marc :roll: ) is the "official" name for a teacher training day, where children don't go into school for the day as the class teachers have to learn stuff for once! :p

:lol: , sounds like a day off for the teachers too. You will probably find them at a theme park on that day. Bloody schools are never in, its the exact same over here.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm off to Thorpe this saturday but I always think its a bad time visiting parks then. How busy will it be then do you reckon?