What's new

Holiday Park | Tomorrowland Area + Ride | 2026

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Unfortunately can't find the page I saw this from, but I saw a suggestion that this might be a water play park?

Could just a rumour or an old plan, but just to balance out the suggestions of Raptors, Axes and wood...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Holiday Park are getting a Tomorrowland themed area in 2024:

It will replace the water ski show. The 15 million euro investment will "create an attraction and a top-class themed area".

Nice to see the Plopsa / Tomorrowland partnership expanding, and will be interesting to see what this new attraction could end up being!

Matt N

CF Legend
Holiday Park are getting a Tomorrowland themed area in 2024:

It will replace the water ski show. The 15 million euro investment will "create an attraction and a top-class themed area".

Nice to see the Plopsa / Tomorrowland partnership expanding, and will be interesting to see what this new attraction could end up being!
Could this be an RTH clone? Or is it likely to be something different?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
RTH cost €17.5 million, so unless a lot of that went towards development costs then €15 million for a clone is a bit iffy. Could be something in a similar vein, though.
Not just development costs... Bit of a difference shipping 100's of tonnes of steel up the road, than there is to another country...

That being said, I do agree, I doubt it's a clone...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Plopsa are investing 65 million euros in Holiday Park over the next 3 years.
This includes:
- a water play area to open next year
- the hotel (20 Million euros) and water park (22,5 Million Euros) which start construction soon
- the 2024 Tomorrowland themed area and coaster (17,5 Million Euro - interestingly a higher figure than the one originally quoted)

cookie

Giga Poster
The water ski show is now officially being retired after shutting due to the pandemic. The stadium is already in the process of being dismantled.

index.php

index.php

Source:

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
At a recent fan event the park have confirmed
- the Tomorrowland area and coaster are delayed to 2025
- they claim a few options still exist so no announcement can be made as to what exact coaster type/manufacturer will it be - other than it won't be a wooden coaster
- the new hotel is delayed from 2023 to 2024
- a retheme in the near future is planned for the dark ride Burg Falkenstein

Pear

Strata Poster
A clone of RTH would be amazing for this park's lineup. With EGF and RTH (or even something similar) that the park would easily have one of the best 1-2 punches out there.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Will Mack be willing to build a coaster for Holiday Park that is much better than anything they have at their own park down the road? They will be competing with themselves.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Will Mack be willing to build a coaster for Holiday Park that is much better than anything they have at their own park down the road? They will be competing with themselves.
Fair point, but I think as long as they get payed enough they'll build anything the park wants. Matter of time before Europa Park gets a spinner anyways.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Yes. Europa is on another level from Holiday Park and Europa/Mack know that. Building a major coaster for Holiday Park isn't going to put a dent in Europa's attendance.

Plus, Europa essentially serves as a testing/proving ground and functioning advertisement for Mack's products. Half of its purpose is to help sell rides. Obviously, they don't have an extreme spinner, but that's sort of irrelevant. The more extreme spinners they are able to get out into the world (and therefore prove it's a solid, quality product), the more likely they are to sell additional installations. Honestly, having a masterpiece that close is probably an asset because they can easily take clients up the road to see the product and they don't have to pay for the installation themselves.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Also, I’d guess that the majority of Holiday Park and Europa Park visitors probably wouldn’t twig that Holiday Park’s new ride was built by the owners of Europa Park… I probably wouldn’t, if I wasn’t an enthusiast.

Manufacturers aren’t particularly common knowledge outside of enthusiast circles, from my experience, so I don’t think a Mack coaster at Holiday Park would be an issue for Europa Park.

They’re not even that close, are they? Correct me if I’m wrong, but when I looked, I seem to remember Holiday Park being a good 2 hour drive from EP…