What's new

Hex goes Live.........

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Just found this......

Wednesday 21st October 2009 - Duel Live was introduced for the 2008 Scarefest event and saw live actors take residence inside the haunted house, adding another dimension to the attraction over the Halloween period. This year Duel Live has of course returned, but another ride is set to go live on select days - Hex.

Organised and funded by the staff of Cloud Cuckoo Land, Hex Live will deliver an enhanced ride experience as the spirits who live within Hex become disturbed. Those who helped to make Hex Live become a reality hope that it can become a permanent part of Scarefest and grow to be bigger and better next year!

Hex Live will run from 5pm to 9pm on 25th & 31st October, as well as 1st November. Be sure to check it out!

http://www.towersnerd.com/news/item.php?id=189

Havent heard much of the HHN at the towers yet, so i wonder how this will go?!?!?!?!

Ollie

CF Legend
Sounds quite cool. All I can think of for characters is the woman and the Earl. But if they did a big scare in the Octagon Room I can imagine that would be terrifying.

spicy

Giga Poster
That sounds good they could do like a walkthrough maze in the queueline then more actors in the Octagon room, would like to try that the more attractions going live the better!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Sounds good, and stupid n00bs won't complain about not being able to shoot, because you can't anyway! MUHAHA.

Using the outisde queue then having people walk through the inside queue in groups is a genius idea, and if Alton don't do this then they really have wasted the opportunity of making this attraction 'live'.

Then again, 72 people walking through the queue at the same time? Hmmmm. Smaller groups going through and waiting infront of the painting I say.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
This is funny as I was talking about a similar thing with this with Will today whilst it had broken...

There are a few chances imo, the video room could be played around with, the Octagon would be the big one, whilst small ones could happen before the ride doors open, and maybe after the ride as well...

Glad I don't plan to do it anymore, Hex is creepy enough without anyone in there, waiting for it to be fixed after the Octagon was bad enough because only the corridor had house lights...
Bad times...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Does anybody know if this actually went ahead? It would be good to hear some reviews or understand what actually went down.

Ben

CF Legend
It did indeed.

It was basically just a load of actors in the Octagon room/pathway to the ride from there who did very little but yell at you with no relation to the story whatsoever. It wasn't great, I must admit.

yinyang

Mega Poster
Sounds like a great oppurtunity wasted. Why they can't take on the publics ideas towards a good scare I really do not know.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ben said:
It did indeed.

It was basically just a load of actors in the Octagon room/pathway to the ride from there who did very little but yell at you with no relation to the story whatsoever. It wasn't great, I must admit.

I thought they were all right...It wasn't spectacular or anything, but it make the hexagonal room much better, and the hexagonal room had no relation to the story anyway, so it wasn't like it was random.

It was ok.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
There's a hexagonal room now? Did two walls fall over? :p

Tbh they should have made the actors as characters from the ride, and changed the way in which the pre-shows went instead of adding it on...

Harder to do than Duel due to the nature of the ride though...

nealbie

CF Legend
It was, meh. I liked the touch of cloaking the ride ops as well that was cool.

More should have been done to be honest. Perhaps having the story told LIVE by actors, as opposed to the videos?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^Ooo I like that idea. Could be a bit shady though, people laughing, chavs shouting, etc.

Shame, I thought it'd be good. Least they made the effort, and mucho room to improve by the sound of things..

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I missed it, sadly, although you could see it was all set up for it. It sounds good and hopefully it will return properly next year.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Fair play! This was, as the quote says, funded and organised by the Cloud Cuckoo Land staff, obviously with AT's blessing.

During my theme park travels, it's made the world of difference when the operators and everyday staff make an effort so I tip my hat in their direction.

Even though the few reviews of it posted above seem pretty pants, it's good to see UK parks expanding their Halloween events.

You never know, AT themselves may even sprinkle their own magic over it next year and improve it!