What's new

Go Gator - Barry Island Pleasure Park

Jake

Strata Poster
This came as a suprise to us, but in a good way :p.

Adults can ride (it has the larger cars) so there are now 2 credits at this park.

Just thought it'd be worth mentioning seeing as it isn't on RCDB yet.

gogator1.jpg

gogator2.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This is the same as the one in Pleasure Island, right? If so, remove its 'shortest circuit on any coaster' tag on it (will be posted in team Talk). Teeny-Weeny is remarkably smaller.

Anyway, it is great to see a new coaster being built. It is NOT great to see a coaster, like this one, being upacked like an umbrella and put on an idle spot in the park. I bet two guys can build this in a couple of hours. It even has wheels. A permanent park should never build a ride like this without lots of themeing. Lots.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
^Yeah, But Barry Island's a dump, and most of the seaside parks apart from PBB (with Infusion and Valhalla) don't give a crap how their rides look.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ It was okay. Typical seaside park to be fair...

Everything was open and it was quite busy, so I can't see it shutting anytime soon.

Same with Coney Beach!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jake said:
^ It was okay. Typical seaside park to be fair...

Everything was open and it was quite busy, so I can't see it shutting anytime soon.

Same with Coney Beach!

Good to hear really. Barry the issue was only with the original owners, but the council want a park there.

Coney Beach, the council want the park to close and to redevelop (a la Rhyl). So the park will only stay open as long as the owners can make more money from the park than by selling out - which generally means 'not long' :lol:

A

Anonymous

That was my favourite ride, it was quite scary, but I held Mummy's hand and closed my eyes, and then only a little bit of wee came out, and she said I was a big boy, so I was pleased :)

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Patrick said:
^Yeah, But Barry Island's a dump, and most of the seaside parks apart from PBB (with Infusion and Valhalla) don't give a crap how their rides look.
I don't think it's that they don't give a crap, i think they'd just prefer to get more rides which they can boast than spending money on theming and such.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! Necroposting at it's finest???

Unless people want to talk about the rides at Barry being sold - I don't think this topic needs commenting on further...