What's new

Freischütz - Maurer Söhne LSM for Bayern Park

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
That's pretty awesome. It looks like it goes through the inverted tophat pretty slow, but that loop looks intense.

How much energy does it generate by using the LSM's for brakes?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Looks like it travels around 1/3 the length of the launch, which means it will generate probably 1/3 the power required to launch the train full speed (if you include the previous LSM brakes).

Pulled that one out of my ass, and it's just a guess :lol:

D1993

Hyper Poster
Wow this is looking really great!!!!!!!
are we sure that this is one coaster?
How do we know that as soon as the first coaster hits the brakes, theres a second train waiting in the station to launch?
Cos I never remember real roller coasters being like knex rippin rockets.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
^ The LSM units are the brakes. The train goes through the station and brakes on the launch section using the LSM's. Or, if it's a slow day in the park, it will launch again, instead of braking.

Xpress

Strata Poster
And thus I bring up the Mr. Freeze station again. Would be interesting to see Maurer actually care about capacity.

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster
It does have to be absolutely awful for capacity...Twelve riders per train with only one train. With a 30 second ride you have to figure that even under the absolute best case scenario the capacity is only ~480 people per hour. Horrible.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It would be sweet if they could figure out a way to bump up the capacity and still charge the LSMs. Would it be possible to put LSMs in the brake run that are hooked up to the main launch instead of brakes, so when a train stops at the end of the ride, the LSMs get charged?

A

Anonymous

These is several images of the ride from my recent visit to the place posted in my PTR: CLICK

It have been opened since the day after our visit :( , so I guess that it's time to de-stickify this topic...

A

Anonymous

Oh and yeah, I posted some coverage of the media day and ride in my PTR :)

CLICK

About the ride:
Me said:
The ride:
You enter the standard issue X-car train that have all the fixes that have been added since the opening of G-Force (utter crap), so they are really nice. The launch is pretty uneventful, the talked about using forced perspective in the barrel to increase the sensation of speed on the launch, but on the first go the train don't really speed up until you are outside the station. So after some LSM tugging initially you get a smooth launch up the top-hat, then into the loop, both of which are perfectly fine. Then all hell breaks loose, the turnaround between the loop and the first in-line is insane, pulls nearly 4 g's all the way around (about 5 seconds), just a few slight dips where the small over-banks are. Then comes the first twist, Yes, you think less forces from here, but you be surprised, a quick flick over the top and then the next powerful turnaround into the ditch hits. Second in-line coming up, and it's incredibly fast, faster then the first, even faster than the Blue-Fire one. Final turn and into the station, just to be launched around a second go :) . After the second time through the station you get slowed down on the launch track and then coast slowly backwards into the station.
It's a really great ride, but unfortunately it suffers from some bad vibrations that they hope they could fix it with some tweaking during this years soft opening. They will add the LED wheels that Maurer Söhne had shown at IAAPA a few weeks after the media day (so they might be on now). And then work hard to complete the ride until the grand opening next year.

Sweet, triple posing!!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Sounds like quite an awesome experience. The second half of the ride sounds absolutely insane. Also, I'd love to see some night pictures of the ride with those wheels.