What's new

Free tickets for local residents

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was browsing the CWoA website and spotted this: http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-tr ... dents.aspx Free four tickets in 2012 for residents living close to the park.

I had a quick look at the other Merlin UK parks but couldn't see anything similar.

Does anybody know of any other parks offering free entry to local residents? What do you think, should locals be given free entry?

^That would be funny.

To answer the question, yes. They have to put up with the noise and traffic pretty much very day and won't get anything in return otherwise.

Rye Playland in NY gave free admission to residents, saving them $10 but since the park is still pay per ride it doesn't really make a huge difference as a local resident could end up paying more than a non-local anyway.

Question for people. Dealing with a client at work who had a postcode very close to Alton Towers (4-5 miles away)...

Two questions actually... which are;

a) Does anyone think this clients address would fall within the range of residents AT give free tickets too?
b) Would it be out of place to ask if they get free tickets and offer to buy them at a reduced rate?

^
a) Don't know
b) Yes. I definitely wouldn't risk it at work, in case they got all offended and decided to report you to management or something (extreme reaction, but not impossible).

Anyhoo, pretty sure Peep once mentioned that Phantasialand hold a "residents day" at least once a year where they close the park and let all the locals in for free. I seem to remember him saying that a lot of them really like it because it is said to have a nice community atmosphere.

^That sounds really nice actually. I imagine a locals only day at Alton Towers would have a nice community feel as well.

At least until...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMkgWQCsrA[/youtube]

Madame Roper arrives!

LMAO! As long as they remember to send her an invite, it'll all be fine.

Maleficent <3