What's new

Football World Cup 2010

Dave

CF Legend
So its the World Cup Draw tomorrow! So what are your guesses?

Here are the Seeds:

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

Personally, I'm hoping for:

England
New Zealand
Algeria
Slovenia

That would be just lovely.

^ Copied from the BBC Lain, so complain to them :p

I hope we get someone tough just to flex our muscles like Australia, be a giggle.

Nah, I reckon USA, Ivory Coast and Portugal would be the toughest.

Remember USA at the Confederations cup in June? They were awesome. Ivory Coast has Drogba, and Portugal are, well, Portugal.

(As I know that some of you like watching men run around in shorts and kissing one another when they put a bag of air in a net, I've split this from the Football League one. There, that's my contribution to this topic.

GO USA!)

Damn you Ian for splitting it just before I posted this:

Group A
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

Group B
Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

Group C
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

Group D
Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

Group E
Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

Group F
Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

Group G
Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

Group H
Spain
Switzerland
Hounduras
Chile

And importantly;

USA 12th June (Sat evening)
Algeria 18th June (Fri evening)
Slovenia 23rd June (Wed afternoon, book it off now!)

Awww, first time in AGES England have been in the finals of a tournament and not played on my birthday :(

USA have a chance to beat us, they aren't exactly a easy side! They did lead Brazil 2-0 in the Confederations Cup!

Shame Rossi changed his nation to Italy eh? :p

Our group is perfect. Every game will be like a treat for the players, should be three easy wins. Very happy with it.

I remember the same thing years ago and we nearly did not get through, so I just hope they dont think this is easy and not give it 100%.

One of the games falls during school time (I think), so I hope they do what they did for the 2002 World Cup and let us either go home to watch it, or watch it at school :)

SHOULD be an easy group...

marc said:
I remember the same thing years ago and we nearly did not get through, so I just hope they dont think this is easy and not give it 100%.

Things are different under Capello. The players know what he expects and there's no way we're not winning that group.

My worry comes from the fact that Ghana could play well, and leave us up against Germany in the second round.

As an aside, Brazil are in the group of death, and if they come second, they could be playing Spain in the second round, which would be nice.

Germany aren't as strong as they were in 2006, so its a given Ghana may overcome them.

But I love Group G, I hope Portugal come 3rd and watch Ronaldo cry.

And didn't we beat Germany recently?

I reckon we can 'ave 'em! :lol:

Minimum expectation based on the draw - Semi Final and then 3rd place. A final would be fab though :p

I'm thinking the semi finals will be: England vs. Netherlands & Argentiana vs. Spain