Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Inverted

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
We have seen this topic through the ages on what riding position is most preferred. Yet this topic has not been asked in the new forum! :lol:

Which riding position do you prefer? For the sake of keeping things interesting, I set the poll question to accept two responses, so vote for your top 2.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I would say sit down is the definite winner considering that most of the best rides are sit down. You rarely see an invert, floorless, flying, or standup with great airtime, and my top 10 are all sit downs. My second favorite is flying. The position of a flying coaster feels very surreal to me. It does feel as if you are really flying. I feel inverts are better coasters, but this position is better. Then it's inverts because they make amazing B&Ms even though the position isn't that amazing. Floorless feels like an annoying version of sit down loopers. It is effective on a dive coaster though. Stand up is horrid. No one should ride a roller coaster standing up.

So,
Sitting down
Flying
Inverted
Floorless
Standing up

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Sitdown
Inverted
Flying
Floorless
Stand-Up

A majority of my favorites are Sitdowns so that is a pretty easy first. Banshee and Talon pretty much put Inverts second for me. I love the feeling flying coasters give so thats third. Floorless coasters arn't bad just not as good as Inverts and Flying IMO, solid coasters though. Stand-Ups are for sure the worst, not enjoyable at all.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Sit down
Inverted
Floorless
Standup
Flying

I personally don't like flyers at all. I have yet to ride one that I can fully say I enjoyed. Tatsu was the only one that wasn't unpleasant but I found it boring. Don't think it lived up to its potential.

Sitdown
Floorless
Invert
Flying
Stand up

I don't rank any that highly because I find most of them rely on inversions, which I don't care for. Stand ups are just uncomfortable, and I don't think there has been one I have actually really liked apart from the Togo at Wonderland, which was uncomfortable but hilarious. No flyers have really ranked highly for me either (besides when I was a coaster noob and loved Xflight). Air is the only one that I think did it best that I've ridden so far.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Sitdown
Inverted
Flying
Floorless
Stand-up

This ranking order is based on all coasters I've ridden. If it was only on the B&M models, then the order would be:

Inverted
Flying
Floorless
Sitdown
Stand-up