What's new

Filthy Theme Park Liars

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
At work today, I was doing a bit of potential trip planning and had a look at the website of one of the parks, which contained one of the most ridiculous lies I've seen in a while. It reminded me about some other bulls**t I've seen, so I thought it could make for an interesting topic. Or not; we'll see I guess.

I'll start off by reposting some stuff that I mentioned a couple of years ago in a trip report from Happy Valley Shenzhen. Bare in mind that this was two years ago, so maybe they've changed their maps by this point.

SAM_1025_zpsdfef1a49.jpg

Biggest water ride IN THE WORLD! In China, probably, but along with loads of the exact same model scattered all over the country.

Then there's this:

SAM_1026_zps0a9371ac.jpg

HIGHEST DROP TOWER IN ASIA!!!!!! Erm, no. Even if you take "tallest" and "highest" as two different ways to measure it, neither one of those is true, nor was it two years ago.

Then there's their signature coaster, which is, admittedly, amazing:

SAM_1027_zpsccea04ec.jpg

Despite being amazing, it sure as s**t isn't the tallest, fastest or longest in Asia.

Those blatant lies pale in comparison to what I found on Romon-U Park's website though. This is a new park that only opened earlier this year.

Romon_zpsipixwee2.jpg

Wow. Dragon Legend is the fastest launching coaster in the world! What is it, I hear you cry?

9regn0005g86810001pt02.jpg

http://rcdb.com/10332.htm#

It's a launched X-Car, basically a clone of Freischutz at Bayern Park, reaching a top speed of about 50mph.

They, both coasters, can accelerate from 0-100 kph in 2 seconds, so Euro Express must be launched as well. Except that it isn't. It's basically a clone of Kanonen, only with a lift hill.

a4abie002o9bg00000surh.jpg

http://rcdb.com/11155.htm#p=59319

Top speed? Well, Kanonen's is 46mph; this one probably a little less.

I was wondering when the best time to visit would be, but apparently I can just rock up whenever since it never actually closes apparently.

romon%202_zpsebezaeea.jpg

Anyway, has anyone else got any other examples of parks being slightly economical with the truth? I'm not talking here about some exaggerated marketing (Th13teen), but actual out-and-out lies.

I want to be first to jump in with the old Big One's station announcement declaring it to be the tallest and fastest coaster in Europe despite Silver Star and Stealth beating it. What do I win?

Six Flags Great America is still the world's cleanest theme park.

2 lies in one sentence.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Ian said:
I want to be first to jump in with the old Big One's station announcement declaring it to be the tallest and fastest coaster in Europe despite Silver Star and Stealth beating it. What do I win?

They still claim the Big One's 235ft, when it really isn't. When Infusion opened, they also claimed that it was the tallest of its type in the UK.....

Alton Towers with Oblivion as the world's first vertical drop roller coaster when it isn't vertical, but that's me being picky. ;)
Another is claiming Nemesis is the world's most intense ride experience! It's far from it!
Getting off Alton's back, Flamingo Land claim that their park is fun day out for all ages! That's the biggest lie of all!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

elephant58 said:
Ian said:

They still claim the Big One's 235ft, when it really isn't. When Infusion opened, they also claimed that it was the tallest of its type in the UK.....

To add to this, they also claimed on a map I had that Revolution was the first looping coaster, not in Europe but in the world. They probably are aware of the Revolution at Magic Mountain but know that your average Steve, John or whatever and his wife and kids going for a day out at Pleasure Beach won't have heard of SFMM's Revolution.

Infusion used to have "You reach forces of 33 G's" on the audio track - some other CFers will vouch for me on this seen as they also heard it.

PBB also still continue to name The Big One as the tallest and steepest coaster in the UK.

You must be used to the lies over there by now Gavin :) almost every theme park seems to advertise their rides as the tallest and fastest in Asia it seems

CP6 came across this the other day (although maybe just an example of bad reporting)

https://jingdaily.com/dalian-wanda-make ... itLxflVhBc

Talking about the flyer at Wanda Xishuangbanna

This particular complex already surpasses its predecessors on the continent in numerous ways—it features the highest and fastest roller coaster in Asia, with a height of 45 meters and reaching speeds of 100mph;

In the Big One station, the audio track says 'one of', and the sign at the top of the hill has been changed to 'one of the tallest coasters in Europe'. They still claim its 235ft, though.

elephant58 said:
When Infusion opened, they also claimed that it was the tallest of its type in the UK.....

It was when it was in Southport and that was the "selling point" when it was built.

^Ahh yes, The Traumatizer! Such an apt name for an SLC...

It's nit picking, but I didn't like that claim that The Smiler has "14 loops". 14 inversions, yes...but loops, technically, no.

Wasn't Air advertised as being the first flying coaster as well?

I was mincing around on Oakwood's site seeing if they had a new map for 2016 and found how they describe Megafobia.

Megafobia
Whip through the air in our fast turning, heart tumbling, wild wooden roller coaster, and find out why it's been voted the best ride in the UK and the third best ride in the world. It's mega!

Mega bollocks surely. Was this ever voted 3rd in the world? Surely clutching at straws still having this on there?

TilenB said:
^ It was voted 3rd best woodie on Mitch Hawker's poll back in 1999. They don't specify when was it voted the (3rd) best, right?

http://ushsho.com/wcprs99.txt
Genuine LOL here, but that document says that in 1996 it was voted number 1, so why not use that if they want to go down that route. :lol:
Anyway, 3rd best in the world, maybe, considering Superman ROS won it for the steely's that year. http://ushsho.com/scprst99.txt

Megafobia
Whip through the air in our fast turning, heart tumbling, wild wooden roller coaster, and find out why it's been voted the best ride in the UK and the third best ride in the world 15 years ago, but it's still mega!

OMG, yeah, twenty years ago it was good!

They should recaption it 'two decades ago it was decent but because we don't give a **** and don't maintaine it its **** now'

Like Rampage is near enough an exact clone except it's bigger and because that gets some love it's FAB.

Here's a good one from Suoi Tien Park in Vietnam.

Who knew a roller coaster with a conventional 30 meter-tall lift hill was capable of going 120 kph? If it were true, it would be the third-fastest roller coaster on Earth and the #1 fastest unlaunched one.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 74