Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Islands of Adventure

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Sea World Orlando

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

What is your favorite theme park in Orlando, and what makes it your favorite?

For me it would have to be Universal Studios Florida. IoA is almost just as good, but I think with USF getting HRRR this summer it'll definitely make USF my #1. Revenge of the Mummy is absolutely incredible, I'll never forget the first time I rode it. The theming is second to none and the atmosphere is immersive and fun. There are few parks that can leave long lasting impressions on you, but I think that USF is one that people will never forget after visiting.

Been to all of them but Islands, so I'd rank them like this (this is based on when I was eight though):

1. Hollywood Studios
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Universal
4. Epcot
5. Universal
6. Animal Kingdom

If I went now though, obviously the whole order would be different.

Ben

CF Legend
1. IoA
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Hollywood Studios
4. Universal Studios
5. Animal Kingdom
6. Sea World
7. Epcot

marc

CF Legend
1. IoA
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Animal Kingom
4. Epcot
5. Sea World
6. Hollywood Studios
7. Universal Studios

I am not a great fan of Studio parks I find they all lack atmosphere which is why the why are my bottom 2. When I last went to Universal I thought it looked run down and dirty and just lacked anything new. I dont like Hollywood Studios, well I like the part with ToT etc but the rest again just feels run down and a mess. It might be different now as there was a lot of building work taking place when I was last there.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
IoA
Universal Studios
Sea World
MGM/Hollywood studios
Epcot
Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom

Islands of adventure is amazing. I love all the none disney parks. Disneyland is just too busy, and it just drains you out. Magic Kingdom is awful as they only really have splash mountain and a really rubbish space mountain. Queues are so big, which you have to expect but the universal parks are amazing. Hardly any queues when i went.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Animal Kingdom is 3 and 5? :?

Well if the poll was favourite Florida park it would be Busch Gardens, but as it is Orlando I think this would be the order:

1. IOA
2. Animal Kingdom
3. SeaWorld
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Epcot
6. Hollywood Studios
7. Universal Studios

I loved Islands of Adventure mostly for the rides and also Animal Kingdom as I loved the theming and the range of rides. SeaWorld was third with the combination of great rides and brilliant shows. Magic Kingdom was just a great overall park for everyone with a load of attractions, with Epcot following, as it does lack in rides, but the World Showcase is brilliant. Hollywood Studios was ok, but there isn't a load to do really, except for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. To be honest I didn't really like Universal Studios as much as the others as I feel it lacks as most of the rides are "be in a movie scene" which I don't really like very much. Overall I think I preferred how the Disney parks are run and the theming, but the others have better rides.

A

Anonymous

None. Busch wins hands down. The other parks are great, and they each have their own excellent rides and such...but I love Busch for the rides, diversity, planning, Safari etc. And those cute Orangutans! And the Tiger skyhole thing. And the jungala. And the train ride. And the...ah, you get the point. ;-)

Ali

Mega Poster
But the question was, What is your favourite Orlando Theme Park? Busch is in Tampa so it isn't an option. :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
IoA.

Nothing else even comes close in terms of fun tbh. Wonderful theming, pretty good coasters, just a good time.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
IoA.

Nothing else even comes close in terms of fun tbh. Wonderful theming, pretty good coasters, just a good time.
QFT

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Congratulations on keeping the self abuse over Manta out of this topic so far!

Since I went to Orlando once, for a week, when I was 11, I know exactly what I'm talking about by saying:

1: IOA ( If it existed then and I'd been there, which it didn't and I haven't)
2 Magic Kingdom (I was 11, it was a bit magic)
3. Universal Studios because the King Kong thing/Earthquake/Back to the Future were great)
4. MGM. Can't remember but I got my picture taken with Chewbacca. Don't care because Star Wars is a load of Tommy Tank.
5. Epcot. Organised stereotyped racism and a 3D Michael Jackson POS.
6. Sea World. Shamu can suck my fat one, and there was very little else there.

Gazza

Giga Poster
For me it's:

1) IOA (Because its the best of everything there)
3) Epcot (World showcase looked great, and some awesome E tickets in Future World)
2) AK (Wonderful atmosphere and theming)
4) DHS (TOT and RNRC were both awesome, but I was a bit underwhelmed by other things there)
5) MK (It didn't seem as good as Disneyland)

I did visit SW and USF, but I didn't spend enough time at either park to fairly judge them.

^ Which is why I said none. Razz
So whats your second favourite then? Busch would be your favourite Florida park, but your second favourite would become your favourite Orlando park by default.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I am guessing that HRRR will be the best ride at USO / IOA, so here is my list in order:
1. Sea World (Kraken, Manta, Atlantis, 3 Of The Shows)
2. Hollywood Studios (RRC, L.M.A.!, Little Mermaid, TSM)
3. Animal Kingdom (Dinosaur, Everest, Lion King, Kali River)
4. Universal Studios (HRRR, Shrek, MIB, Terminator, E.T., Twister)
5. Islands of Adventure (DD: Fire, Hulk, Spider-man, Jurassic River, Dudley's Falls)
6. Epcot (Test Track, American Adventure, Soarin', Mission: Space)
7. Magic Kingdom (Space M, Splash M, Peter Pan's, Buzz Lightyear's, Country Bear's)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
EPCOT is amazing and my personal fave, despite what some people say.

IOA and Magic Kingdom come in close behind.

Then I'd put Universal Studios, SeaWorld, The Disney Studios and Animal Kingdom together.

All great parks though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
My favourite park, for some reason, is Hollywood Studios because my two most favourite Disney rides are there right next to each other! I'm also a bit of a movie buff and love all the old posters and things, especially in the movie ride.

I also love Sea World and Busch Gardens because of the park/animals amazingness.

And obviously IoA is incredible.

I always felt like Universal Studios was missing something, maybe that something is HRRR? I don't know, we'll have to see.

A

Anonymous

1)Sea World - it now has 3 amazing rides, Journey to Atlantis (Arguably the best water ride in Florida), Kraken (Arguably the best rollercoaster in Florida) and now Manta, which for me, is the best out of the lot! Plus the shows are incredible!

2)Islands of Adventure - The rides here are amazing, Hulk, Spiderman and Duelling Dragons, plus the 3 water rides!

3) Universal Studios - Nothing like riding the movies!

4) Hollywood Studios - Some great rides and shows.

5) Epcot - 3 very good rides and something different in World Showcase.

the rest are in a close 6/7/8....

In all Orlando has got to be the best place to go if you're looking for rides, and a pretty good time! That's why My family and Me keep coming back!

A

Anonymous

For me it is

1.) IOA
2.) Seaworld
3.) MGM
4.) UVS
5.) Magic Kingdom
6.) Epcot
7.) Animal Kingdom

I havn't crossed the atlantic since 2002, so opinions will probably have changed.