What's new

Fantasiana | Helios | Mack Stryker Coaster | 2025

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Might be jumping the gun by posting in this thread but mods can always split this off if they need to.

There's been a flurry of word out of the VDFU Meeting in Efteling that Fantasiana will soon part ways with their famous Pax Wild Train and replace it with a Mack BigDipper in 2025, to contain at least two inversions. Rumor has it that this is the Vienna Looping from Prater, which cannot be set up for the foreseeable future due to the legal dilemma around it. It's worth noting that the coaster is already mostly manufactured and on site at Prater, so Fantasiana perhaps acquired the project for a very good deal. In any case, an announcement will be made at IAAPA in Vienna within a matter of days/hours, so we'll find out for sure then.

The coaster would seem to fit the Wild Train site, too, although the park layout would drastically change as a result.
big_dipper.jpg
Source; https://coasterfriends.de/freizeitp...s-fantasiana-Österreich.1226783/#post-1255995

Good for Fantasiana on getting such a major ride for a small park, but I can't help but feeling disappointed if this is indeed the end for Wild Train. Understandable, considering that parts are likely very hard to come by in light of the war in Ukraine, but Wild Train is such a little icon that it will be missed no matter what.

Hopefully we can get the word on whether the ride will survive through 2024 before it starts getting taken down, as the park is close enough to me for a day/weekend trip, though I would prefer to do it as a part of something longer through Bavaria and Austria.

Sucks for Prater too, I was looking forward to them finally getting something properly worthwhile, though in light of recent news, I'm not surprised the project is getting canned.

The pieces are falling into place. Prater’s Stefan Sittler-Koidl has confirmed that the project is NO LONGER with them and has indeed been scooped up by another park (translated from the EAP Magazin’s issue 5/2023). Seems like they’re down for reviving it sometime down the road;
I offered the ride for sale at the beginning of July. Interestingly, I also immediately had an interested party! This means that the Wiener Looping coaster, which was previously planned for the Prater, may soon be set up in another park... [smiles] This would also mean that the schedule would be open for me again - theoretically even for a possible layout change...

RCDB has meanwhile very stealthily updated the page, which is all the confirmation I need; https://rcdb.com/19395.htm

Topic title changed. Will move to Construction when it starts on site.

Do we think 2024 is really likely at this point?

Looking at the screen grabs of the POV that appeared online (see below), it definitely isn't the same coaster as the Vienna one.
fantasiana-big-dipper-stryker-2025-rendering-620x350.jpg

Looking at the screen grabs of the POV that appeared online (see below), it definitely isn't the same coaster as the Vienna one.
fantasiana-big-dipper-stryker-2025-rendering-620x350.jpg

Seems like they also stressed this out on the IAAPA show floor (from the link above):
Those responsible emphasize that the ride is explicitly not the Big Dipper roller coaster originally planned for the Wiener Prater, but an in-house production for Fantasiana. The "Wiener Looping" in the Prater was announced for opening in 2023, but the project had to be stopped due to illegal demolition work.

Could someone remind me why both of these Mack coasters are actually discussed in this thread? Was there actually a point in time where it has been considered to sell the coaster planned for Vienna to Fantasiana or was this just us confusing the two projects which, however, evolved totally independent of each other?
It's the latter. They were always independent of each other.

There was an awkward overlap when Fantasiana announced their new coaster just at a time when there were rumors that Prater's Wiener Looping project was getting canned and the ride was being sold.

Anyways, more on topic, some work on Helios' (the name of Fantasiana's Stryker coaster) station is already being done and there's a subtle tease with a track segment of the new ride next to Wild Train.

IMG20240615154805.jpg

IMG20240615154813.jpg

IMG20240615160203.jpg

Photos were taken on my visit on June 15th.

Little bit confused whether this is the right thread, as this seems to be covering both the Fantasiana Stryker, and the Prater Big Dipper? Anyway, doesn’t appear that this has been posted but Fantasiana have been teasing glimpses of a model of the coaster in a few of their videos recently. In the latest you can make out quite a few details of the layout including at least one of the inversions and a wave turn over the pathway:

It also looks to be substantially themed. I’ve never been to this park but I’m really intrigued about this coaster, particularly because it’s going to such a small park.