• Expedition Everest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Furius Baco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
A random poll you may think?

Basically, when we were flying to California we occupied ourselves for 6 hours by being very geeky and doing a Tournamant of Champions with every roller coaster we've ever been on. (We came to the winner of Nemesis, which is dire since none of us rate Nemesis that highly. We then wondered how the hell that happened and considered it quite the waste of time.)

However, point being, this was the most difficult decision we came across. I felt passionately that one was better than the other, and my brother the opposite.

What do you reckon?

I think Baco looks better only because it looks more intense and thrilling. Everest looks good, but it's more of a family ride and wouldn't provide me with the same thrill as Baco would.

Besides, it's all about living for the launch ;) .

Peter

Hyper Poster
I've not ridden Everest, but surely it can't be worse than Baco?

The idea behind Baco is great. It has a reasonable story and theme but it just didn't work out. If you sit in the inside front row seats then you'll get a decent ride, but any other seat and it's just torture. I never found the launch that thrilling, and after that the layout is just bland (although I do like the airtime coming off the launch.) The ride is also over in about 30 seconds.

Everest looks much better. Whilst obviously not as thrilling as Baco, it has much better theming and looks to be a solid family attraction. With a pre-lift, forward and backwards section, angry Yeti and some rather cool drops and helix's i'm sure that Everest would be better.

Thrills are nice, but out of these two i'd take the atmosphere and experience of Everest over Baco.

Ollie

CF Legend
Everest easily looks the better of the two. It seems to have much better themeing, a more thrilling ride and just looks more solid. Whereas Baco just looks simple, short and rough from what people have said.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I've only ridden Baco so I can't really compare them both but from my experience on it I thought it had a really good launch, good airtime on the dip after the launch and I really liked the barrel roll near the end. I was sat on the outside seat on the 5th row I think and it really wasn't that rough but I dunno if it was cause I rode it about 2 months after it opened. I guess if I rode it again now then my opinion would probably change but it's been over 2 years already so it has probably gotten alot rougher since I rode it. So yeah I guess I'll go with Baco. :)

tks

Strata Poster
They're both as bad as each other.

Baco - Too rough to enjoy on the outside seats.

Everest - Disney spent a stupidly large amount of money on animatronics that don't work 2/3 of the time. Here's to looking at you Yeti.

andrus

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Besides, it's all about living for the launch ;) .
I voted Baco cuz it got the best launch I've ever experienced!! It's not the fastest but the exposed position makes it really forceful, and it last for ages. Beside that Baco is a beautiful ride with good theming and the inline-twist is great too! (on the downside of course it's VERY rough.. )

Kebab

Giga Poster
Eh? I'm not sure how I can actually compare these coasters, they're pretty much completely different. :?

Anyway. The better looking coaster personally is Expedition Everest, the theming looks unbelievable and it certainly would give an incredible family ride experience. But on the other hand, you have Baco, which also looks beautiful amongst the sun and lake, and it gives a great thrilling ride.

To be completely honest, they're probably are both as good as each other, but due to the fact I've only been on Baco and the comparison is ridiculous, I'm voting for neither.. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've only been on Baco. There are fields full of cows with less crap per square foot than Baco has!

EE would be a better coaster if it was a Go-Gator ;)

CMonster

Giga Poster
I've only been on Everest, but from what I've heard of Baco, it sounds very rough, even if it is fun. Everest was just really fun with great theming, the whole land around it really fits, as does the queue line. Very well done.

So, Everest.