What's new

Drayton Manor | Unknown | Intamin Unknown | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
An update would be great, this project has been so quiet. Has it even completed a full test yet?
It hasn’t tested at all, to the best of my knowledge.

I’d be surprised if it opens much before July with the way things are going. It looks like they’ve still got quite a bit to build in terms of the theming and such, and they will have to test it for a good bit.

They haven’t even properly announced the coaster yet, which I don’t think bodes well for it opening overly soon…

I Heard that has nearly completed all its required test runs, I am guessing they will try before may half term.

With the new coaster it is potentially going back to how Drayton used to be and opening Rides mid season a few weeks before summer holidays.
I'm scheduled to visit on either the 2nd or 3rd May so fingers crossed for the Wave and the new coaster (hate just calling it that) will have to wait until later in the year. Another theme park visit, what a chore.....

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
They lost alot of their social media team over xmas break poached by merlin, I'm guessing the new lot are not as enthusiastic as the last lot were.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Its not really "poached" if they've been offered more money to work somewhere else (which I will presume is the case) and 4 months is plenty of time to replace them I would think.
To be fair, that is exactly what 'poached' means in this context...

From the Oxford dictionary...

to persuade someone who works for someone else to come and work for you:

They were furious when one of their best managers was poached by another company.

To be fair, that is exactly what 'poached' means in this context...

From the Oxford dictionary...
Poached very much implies that something untoward has happened and even if you don't think it has/does, why would a business that must (or certainly should) see social media as an integral part of their plans to not have a social media team up to speed in 4 months is pretty poor.