What's new

Dodge looking coaster in France

Jake

Strata Poster
I just stumbled across THIS:

p23977.jpg

IT opened this year, and I'm curious as to what cars it uses?!?!

I don't get it, cus the track is SO narrow it's nearly single rail, but, it just isn't...

So... has anyone ridden it yet? Or know anything else about it?

http://rcdb.com/8654.htm

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Don't you mean dodgy?

That look wicked!

No idea what it is, and doesn't look very good, but it still looks incredibly funky and odd.

What is the yellow thing on the first drop and the hill after it?

Why does it have straight lines? This is 2009, I thought that kind of bad design was gone now.

tks

Strata Poster
The Cote d'Azure is a lovely place. This park has absolutely retarded opening hours according to the website.. 8.30pm to 1am weekdays during the summer? :? I hope they made a mistake there..

Must be an inhouse job. Or a really **** French design. Must go back to Nice!

Infact... After looking on Google Earth there's a chance i've been to Marineland which is just next door.. I'll go consult Tom!

So I have been there! My parents seem to remember going to Marineland more than I do. I could've had possible credits, rcdb seems to not know a great deal on when the park originally opened.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I like odd theme parks, and this coaster looks entertaining because it's painted like some happymeal box.

8:30pm - 1am, that would really suit me good!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
POV here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgz3oY6w4yY[/youtube]

Looks like it's just one person wide..well, it would have to be!

tks

Strata Poster
As its coming up the green hill you can see a pink car just coming off the lifthill, which looks to be 1 across 2 back. So.. A wooden wild mouse car in effect.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think this used to or still is in the French fair circuit. It looks funky but cool at the same time. Maybe there's more than a model of this, of course.

And, that yellow line next to the first drop must be some kind of lightning decoration.

And 8:30pm to 1am are not retarded opening times. Jeez, Parque de Atracciones has something like noon-to-2am schedules. And Tibi used to be 5pm-to-3am. It really depends on the country.

I would NOT be impressed with how narrow the track is.. It actually sort of looks like an accident waiting to happen, but all that matters is that the coaster has pretty colours, yay!

A

Anonymous

Nice find, but it's nothing like the "mythical" travelling coasters that roams around in France...
It's called R2000 and apparently it debuted in the 1958 worlds fair in Brussels, the track on R2000 is an inverted tri-track (something like a monorail kind of deal), and it's running without any restraints what so ever :) And is apparently the most insane ride ever made...

There is an article about it in one of the First Drop magazines from ECC, don't know which though (pretty recent)...

I cant find any pictures of it on the interweb, but here is a small clip from the opening location...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EflwMPawsWo[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
And 8:30pm to 1am are not retarded opening times. Jeez, Parque de Atracciones has something like noon-to-2am schedules. And Tibi used to be 5pm-to-3am. It really depends on the country.

Noon-to-2am? Cool.

5pm-3am? Verging on retarded, but, still cool.

8:30pm-1am? No babes, that IS retarded.

And the country is France. Cementing the fact, they are, in fact, retarded.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The oddest thing about that coaster to me, is that it looks like inverted coaster track, but the train runs on top and the supports are under it.

Weird stuff.

Kebab

Giga Poster
As dangerous as the thing looks; I think the narrow track is quite clever! Looking on the POV, the narrow track makes something that is probably 40-50 feet high feel double that, I've always noticed this about coasters with narrow tracks. Looking at Colossus' lift hill for example, it looks higher than Nemesis Inferno when they're basically the same size, due to it having a narrow track.