What's new

DLP sept 2009 PTR

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
As part of my family duties as a theme park loving father, I visited DLP this September, and here is the trip report. I'll split it into two, over the two parks, and will post the second part hopefully tomorrow.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Eurostarring our way to Paris, we arrived at Disney at about 3pm. Knowing the Studio to be the weaker of the two, we hit that park first, with the intent of having half a day there, a full day in Disneyland, and the final day, half a day in each.
Photo-0071.jpg

First up, we went on the Aladdin re-clad flying camels type ride, of which there are three over the two parks, under varying guises. Well themed, but ultimately, a staid old fashioned ride
Photo-0081.jpg

...which bored the life out of us. Wandered, underwhelmed into the Crush's coaster queue...
Photo-0091.jpg

..and were stunned by one of the best themed dark coasters I have ever been on...
Photo-0103.jpg

By now, the kids were flagging and we pretty much called it a day after visiting the Studio tram tour, which was lagely pap, barring the stunning Calamity canyon section.
Photo-0146.jpg

By day three, we returned to the Studio, intent on riding the unrode. The Tower of terror
Photo-0125.jpg

remained unrode, as the kids decided we weren't to go on it, but that said, I still made it onto
Photo-0097.jpg

an unpictured (curse you stop-at-home-charger) Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, which was far better than I had anticipated it being. Again, in the dark, the ride left you with a big cheesy smile.
Photo-0100.jpg

Cars ride wasn't bad, another variation on the Dizzy Diesels ride that is at Drayton Manor.
Photo-0102.jpg

Was surprise to see half of it out of action, a running theme throughout the three days.
Photo-0077.jpg

Come five o'clock, with a few shows done, and a rather unexpectedly underwhelming parade under our belt, it was back on the wretched Eurostar, and back to Blighty.

More tomorrow - the middle bit.

peep

CF Legend
Shame you didn't get on Tower of Terror it's an amazing ride. Glad you enjoyed Crush's coaster :D

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thats a weird way to do things! But then you have children an all. You do know they have them parent pass things at DLP, where you dont have to queue, whilst the other half looks after the children, then you swap!

Also I would have gone straight to the main park. The Studio's is more of an 'add on' park to the spectacular Disneyland Parc.

Saying that though, the Studio's is becoming SO much better, and is much more of a full day out.

marc

CF Legend
I tend to do the movie park 1st tbh then I can get it out the way and spend more time in the main park which is far better.

Tbh I only got to the movie park to re ride RnR ToT and Crush, I dont do anything else in there anymore.

The main park I can spend time walking round and fill the day up.

Sounds like you had a great time and nice trip report.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
^exactly that, and so onto day two...

Disneyland Paris

we, as I mentioned Did the main park on the middle day, and start of the second. My only real grumble was that Indy was out of action for maintenance, and too many of the rides had late openings; stopping at the hotel grants early access, but what is the point if some of the rides that are in the area that is open to early risers is closed until 12 noon. Grrr.

Anyhoo....

le moose!
Photo-0169.jpg

the pink palace.
Photo-0191.jpg

Space mountain was broken, so orbitron awaited.
Photo-0207.jpg

Buzz awaited our blastings, trouble was, the youngest managed to stop the ride on getting 'the fear...' I blame Buzz's multilingual dialogue.
Photo-0243-2.jpg

And yet somehow, Phantom Manor was his favourite ride of the whole visit...
Photo-0250-2.jpg

TM was late opening, so we went pirating on the Deppless Carribean.
Photo-0275.jpg

Then onto TM; who's fastrack queues were almost as long as some for some rides, so we just queued regardless...
Photo-0303.jpg

Then we took in the staples for the littlies...
Photo-0322.jpg

and set about a small small world with an axe, although I may have imagined that...
Photo-0321.jpg

Dumbo, or flying camel the third, if you prefer.
Photo-0363.jpg

Finally, before the park closed, I managed, finally to make it into a five minute queue for Space Mountain. Decent, but not as good as Crush's Coaster or Rock 'n' Rollercoaster.
Photo-0366.jpg

and day three I already told you about. Salut!

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've never known the rides to have late openings, and I normally visit in January! You just must have been unlucky!