What's new

Disney's Hollywood Studios | Monsters Inc | Vekoma (?) SFC | 202?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Hello all so as you've no doubt heard last night, Disney's Hollywood Studios is cooking up a Monsters Inc themed suspended coaster.

The concept of the "Scare Floor Doors coaster" has been around since 2009, but they've emphasized that this isn't Blue Sky and should begin work on it next year. Judging by the trains in the artwork, Vekoma SFC seems like a safe bet.
GUrA-msXwAAmBqc.jpeg
GUrBAJ6XsAAzDDb.jpeg
GUrAWwqaMAAsKTI.jpeg
Source

They've also put out a model on the D23 show floor today of what we can expect of this coaster. It seems to contain three adjacent show buildings;
GUtpB9_bIAArm0m.jpeg

From left to right, we see the queue. The second looks to my knowledge like four side-by-side elevator lifts. Definitely expecting lengthy show sequences here. The third contains the rest of the layout, which is definitely a bit of a mess.
GUtrRKSX0AAJf86.jpeg
Source & Source

There's still speculation as to where exactly this will go, as the different artwork seems to contradict its placement. Have heard everything from Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Animation Courtyard, and god help us Muppetvision. Anyways, definitely an interesting development to look forwards to, please discuss!

An elevator lift for a whole train is cool, has that been done before for more than a car or 2? Beyond what Powder Keg does. I guess they can pair them up to use each other as counter weights. Ideally in full view of riders to go with the overall mood and motion of the door factory. But also I wanna see it.

Given the long working relationship Disney has with Vekoma it would be a head scratcher for them to go anywhere else for this ride type - even if we hadn't been shown art of the trains.

Would be good to have the entire coaster room fully lit and your view only blocked by track and moving parts. So many enclosed coasters are either completely dark, disco lighting or partially enclosed. Lets see the madness in its full glory.