Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I noticed this tweet earlier today.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/Adv_Island/status/685141013946626048[/tweet]

Anybody know what's going on?

Here's a POV of the ride I filmed in the summer.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLt7skzhfTQ[/youtube]

jj23w

Hyper Poster
The idea is too make a new goldmine with a modern day approach. The latest rumours suggest that it's going to not spin anymore. Whether it keeps the same storyline you guess is as good as ours.

peep

CF Legend
Aww, I kinda liked this ride because it was just weird. Quite excited to see what they'll cram into that space now.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, this was pretty old. Couldn't tell you how old.

This is the one that was blates a cred too right.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
Well ****. Wasn't this one of the super old rides too? Anyone? Furie?

It opened in the 60s along with the American Whip and the Crooked House. It had a retrack in the 90s and then got the Goldmine name and was themed to the Wild West and then in 07 it became Devils Creek Goldmine. Other rumours suggest that Over The Hill is getting rethemed as well. Which I heard was a rather big pain in the arse the future for the park is bright either way with the indoor section.

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
jj23w said:
The idea is too make a new goldmine with a modern day approach. The latest rumours suggest that it's going to not spin anymore. Whether it keeps the same storyline you guess is as good as ours.

Wasn't that the idea of the current version? Pretty sure this incarnation opened the same time as Over the Hill (back when it actually made most people jump - ok just me) as they used the models from the Beelzebub trail. Plus they added the spinning seats which I absolutely hate, especially when staff members spin them.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
3Dimensions said:
jj23w said:

Wasn't that the idea of the current version? Pretty sure this incarnation opened the same time as Over the Hill (back when it actually made most people jump - ok just me) as they used the models from the Beelzebub trail. Plus they added the spinning seats which I absolutely hate, especially when staff members spin them.

Nope the last refurbishment was to give the ride a revamp to all the new models and because bees had closed they needed to put the animatronics somewhere. Beezlees closed in 07 and the revamp to Over The Hill begun it didn't actually open until Halloween 08 so they classed it as new for 09. The goldmine opened in May 07. The spinning seats have always been there even on the original Goldmine. Staff members used to spin them a lot when I was younger but after the 2010 season health and safety told them they had to keep an eye on the people in the train to make sure there arms and legs were inside the tub hence why staff didn't spin them in later years.

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
Looks like a replacement may have been announced.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Adv_Island/status/692358028155289600[/tweet]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The park has informed me that the ride will be "in line with Its A Small World". More info as and when I get it.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I still can here that song in my sleep, it won't leave my head. I have not been on Its a Small world for 5 ish years.
It's good that the uk are getting a couple of new dark rides. It will be interesting on how this will compare in quality to Thorpes. I bet that Adventure Island aren't throwing £30-40 million at there ride.
Let's hope that there will be a bit of a renacance of dark rides here in the uk.