What's new

Credit - map checklist?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A very long time ago (I'm going to hazard a guess around ten years ago?) there was a thing called World Park Project that someone had created. It was a Google Earth overlay with all of the operating parks in the world. You could toggle them on/off individually, and then use Google Earth to show them all on the map/globe.

A cursory Google search now suggests this project might be dead though (or rather, I don't see any references to it).

I've been keeping the latitude/longitude coordinates (I grab them from RCDB's Map links) for all the parks I've visited for many years now, and use https://mapmakerapp.com/ to plot them all. I generally just update the map at the end of each year though. There is a way to do it automatically in Excel, but it's linked to Bing Maps and I've never quite got it to work properly.

unyKYEd.png

Low-res copy of my global park map.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I believe coaster-count also has a map function, which only shows the coasters that you're yet to ride. It's very basic, though and each country has its own map, rather than one unified global map...