What's new

Competition, competition competition... have another!

Rob

Mega Poster
Well helllo!

Seen as there have been coaster competitions galore, I propose a competition with a difference. It involves no scenery, no buildings, no terrain, and infact, no coasters, rides or buildings. This competition is all about designing the best mix master fireworks display, seeing as it's in the run up to the new year.

I propose this;
Each entrant must design their own mix master display. No park has to be built, simply an area to watch the display from, and the display itself. The display can be as short or as long as you want, it can be as simple or as complex as you want. Anyone interested? :)

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Then that is a major downfall in life, and your parks will always aspire to be better. :p
Should have a go anyway mate, it's really not too hard.

addy2503

Mega Poster
I'll have a go.
But I am also terrible at them, so don't expect any thing spectacular!
Q: does it have to be set to music?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
For some unknown reason I've only got these to work twice out of don't know how many times.

So, I'm not entering.

Rob

Mega Poster
Yay, 1 entrant! I'll enter myself too, so, if anyone wants to judge, do say!

As for rules, it's totally up to you, music is of course better, but, it's your call. Feel free to use the laser and water effects also. And, obviously even more impressive if you compose your own music, or add to it in any way :)

Also, propose the deadline for entries to be the 7th January, but, that's relatively flexible.

Josh73

Giga Poster
I guess I'll just chuck a crapload of fireworks in a tiny space, add music, and there's my entry! :p

EDIT: Is there a due date?

Rob

Mega Poster
Well I still could do with a third competitor, we are down to 2.... but we'll stick with Sunday. (7th Jan)

What I need, is some help with how to record your rct and get a decent frame rate? I can't find any screen capture software that works well.... (never done videos before)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Out of what I know, to record the fireworks, either go onto the rubbish Fireworks viewer camera thing and record as usual for on ride vids or there's a way by calling a guest a certain name (ask someone else for the name) and you can load up a "flying camera" to record with.