What's new

Coaster Rankings

KoastinThruLife

Roller Poster
Hi everyone,

I see that most people have some sort of ranking list of the coasters they have ridden and while I have favourites, I struggle to rank them and have gone over my list numerous times and never settled on anything apart from my number 1.

Yes, I understand rankings aren't everything and we really shouldn't have them and to just enjoy them for what they are but I can't stop thinking about ranking every single coaster I have ridden. Trying to think about my experiences on rides from years ago is a pain in the ****.

Maybe just having a number 1 is all I need. 169 credits is quite low amongst the community but once that rises (which it will) I will have an ever harder time with a list.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Completely agree with you. Can never decide on a top 3 myself, let alone a top 10. Even the individual "rank your favourite by type/manufacturer etc." gets difficult.

Been procrastinating making a top 10 since I hit 100. Now I'm on over 400 making that task 4x harder.

Just like some of us don't count our ridden coasters, there are those who don't have rankings. At least this way, we avoid the arguments about how we've placed certain coasters in a ranking.....

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
As a new enthusiast, I hate ranking costers and I only started doing it for pure "peer pressure" as it was the first thing I saw people do when I became an enthusiast during the pandemic. As I realized getting new creds for me is hard, I've stopped doing that and I just rank my top 5-10ish and just enjoy getting to ride some new coasters without worrying about where they'll rank.

This being said, as an excel nerd I love all the templates people create to rank coasters lol