What's new

Chessington World of Adventures holding public consultation regarding “current proposals and new developments” - potential new attraction?

Matt N

CF Legend
Chessington has today announced that it is holding a public consultation on 19th September regarding “updates on current projects” (I’m assuming this means the waterpark) as well as “new developments”:

Seeing as they’ve already had a consultation for the waterpark, as well as the fact that the promo leaflet mentions “new developments”, I’m going to take a guess that something new is going to be unveiled here… I wonder what it could be?

Guess with Paultons future looking bright they have to do something. Hopefully some TLC as i thought some parts of the park and zoo were looking quite shabby and they need to sort Scorpion Express out, either fix it or scrap it and add something new.

When it comes to the waterpark i was just looking at the planning doc (see documents) and they did add some traffic information in July but its still not gone through.

The consultation could be for revamped waterpark plans. Could also be for a replacement for them, or for something else entirely.

There's a fair bit of the park which needs work. Tomb Blaster. Zufari. Scorpion Express. All big blights on the park. Something like Land of the Dragons needs attention. Parts of the Zoo could do with TLC. Vampire is aging. An extension to the park/resort, a la Jumanji Land, wouldn't be bad, but would be ignoring some of the bigger issues the park has at the moment.

There's also been some rumours knocking about that the park are considering removing / scaling back parts of the Zoo. Whether there's truth in those rumours is another thing, but I wonder if this consultation will make things clearer there