What's new

Changes coming to Skyrush for 2024?

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster

Came across this on Facebook. Keen readers noticed the text #2007512 on the crate (referencing the rides height, speed and opening year)

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Must be getting new lap bars.

I really like the current restraints but understand I'm in the minority there. A lot of people are put off riding it because of them.

The new Intamin restraints are perfect, so I'm all for it if it gives the ride a new lease of life.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Must be getting new lap bars.

I really like the current restraints but understand I'm in the minority there. A lot of people are put off riding it because of them.

The new Intamin restraints are perfect, so I'm all for it if it gives the ride a new lease of life.

Exactly my thoughts. Bloody love Skyrush as is, even if it is an intense beast which I wasn't able to re-ride many times.

New restraints could make the ride more comfortable and accessible as a result, so would make sense from a park-perspective.

Now if the park could only redesign the station so you don't enter and exit the train on the same side...

Esther7

Roller Poster
Wow, that would be good news! I love Skyrush the way it is now, but I think if they change the restraints I'll love it even more. 😅

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I am a little trepidatious about this change, a big part of why I love the ride so much is its incredibly open restraints and seats. If I still feel as exposed riding it with new seats as I did before I’ll be pleasantly surprised and relieved.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So Hershey dropped a new train photo on X/twitter.
52743a1b4ad30cfe879a99c2e829128c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping for a new restraint design, but I'm good as long as it doesn't feel like the old ones.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This is incredibly exciting, at least for me.
It's already a world class coaster, and after plenty of rides I found a position which negated the pain caused by the old restraints. Being able to ride it without having to position specifically is only a good thing.
Might make the queues longer is the only negative.

Luckily I'm heading back in June so will get to try it very soon, could even jump up a ranking spot again 🙌

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As a wise person once said:

We flying first class, up in the sky
Poppin' champagne
Livin' my life in the fast lane

Nice to see the seat upgrade (what, number 3 now?), and like many wish the restraints to be as close to VelociCoaster's design which somehow... just work!

StevenX

Mega Poster
I was really excited for Skyrush before I went to Hersheypark last year, but I found the restraints really painful and couldn't really enjoy it for the most part. I tried a couple of re-rides, but my thighs hurt like mad and I just couldn't do it. The new Intamin restraints are pretty comfortable, so I think this would be an improvement.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Not skipping leg-day at the gym really payed off riding this amazing beast in the past. Wonder how the experience will be with the new restraints 😁

Niles

Giga Poster
Well it opened today and they have also done a nice little update to the station.
IMG_20240329_231616.jpg
Source

Ive heard a few reviews and the new restraints seem to be going down well, from a mildly better feeling to much better, hopefully with more positive reviews to keep coming in.

When i rode it in 2018 i loved it and only found the seats a bit uncomfortable but nothing to bad, however its great to see the park invest in new restraints so hopefully more people can enjoy it.
IMG_20240329_233021.jpg
Source

Last edited: