• Great Coaster International. Inc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom Coaster International

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Probably GCI.

I've only ridden a CCI, GhostRider, which was quite good, but from what I hear, GCIs are much better in terms of aging, and overall ride.

But CCIs rides are like a combination of a twister and an out and back layout from what I've seen, so both companies are quite different in terms of ride style.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What about CGI? :--D

I'll say GCI. Their policy of 'no straight track' alone is enough to make me drool. Also, I don't like hybrid coasters, for some weird reason.

By the way, haven't ridden either. But ThunderCoaster was modified by GCI last year, so you may say that I have ridden a partially GCI.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
GCI, They've made some fantastic coasters like Kentucky Rumbler and Troy, and their Millenium Flyer trains look awesome and from what I've heard they ride awesome too. CCI isn't in business anymore, Only a few of their coasters impress me really.

Slacky

Mega Poster
Well they're the only two wooden coaster manufacturers apart from Intamin that I could think of.
I didn't include Intamin because, obviously they would win and there would be no point in dong the poll.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
^Thay wouldn't obviously win, Quite a few enthusiasts prefer Gravity and GCI coasters as they feel Intamin's aren't 'true woodies'.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
GCI, their millennium flyer trains are great and although I've only ridden one with those trains (Renegade) it definitely is a very smooth ride.

I've never been on a GCI I don't think, but I've been on a CCI. However, I think that GCI looks better in terms of pretty much everything, and their layouts are pretty rockin'.

We all know Intamin Plug n' Plays are the best though.

Tony

Hyper Poster
CCI seems to be hit and miss, some of their coasters are known as great rides while others are said to be ****. Stampida used to be great but the Kumbak trains ruined it so maybe it has something to do with the trains.

GCI's new stuff looks brilliant though so GCI!

Rush

Giga Poster
GCI! They're coasters look so new and fun. They're also very beautiul.

CCI looks alright, but Ghostrider was a bit crap and I think GCI look better overall!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I've never been disappointed with a GCI (out of Wildcat, Gwazi, Lightning Racer, Thunderhead, Roar, and KY Rumbler). All of them have been really good, with fantastic layouts and a lot of rerideable value.

A lot of the CCI's I've ridden have been good, but a few of them are at the very bottom of my wooden coaster list.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
GCIs have so much personality! They're all so uniquely twisted and designed to the landscape... that's worth a lot, more so with woodies than with steel.
It would be tough to decide the best between GCIs and Intamin P'n'Ps.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Yes, I rode Wildcat the year it opened and the year before they switched to Flyers. It was rough, sure, but it was an absolutely fun ride. That crazy second of airtime in the middle of that one turn was awesome. There's something about that layout too, that's really cool.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
CCI.... If only Dinn could have kept her crap together....

My GCI List -
Gwazi - 2 of the worst woodies on the face of the earth. (rode it last week)
Kentucky Rumbler - Best of the US GCI's I have.
Lightning Racer - Fun but tame.. airless.
Ozark Wildcat - Was my #1 GCI until... Troy (and now Troy,Rum)
Roar (SFA) - No air really.. but its OK, I give it a ride at least once a year.
Thunderhead - LET DOWN!... Not a bad ride.. but not what people say it is.
Troy - Amazing...
Wildcat - Rode it with the PTCs.. amazingly rough, but.. I loved it.

My CCI list -
Boss - One of the worst coasters on the face of the earth...
Boulder Dash - #1 woodie (out of 110 woods)
Cornball Express - Top 10 ride
Cyclops - "the" drop was a let down.. but overall great ride.
Excalibur - Helix at the end kills the ride... but its good overall.
Great White - Meh
Hoosier Hurricane - Meh, but not that bad, it just doesn't do anything.
Hurricane (Cat 5) - Not nearly as bad as people made it seem. I rode it 9 times in the same day.
Kingdom Coaster (princess) - First CCI coaster.. so I give it credit for that.
Legend - Good
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Amazing! <3
Megafobia - Meh.. (Sorry Oakwood fanboys)
Pegasus - Ouch ouch ouch.
Raven - Absolute crap!
Shivering Timbers - ZzzZz (sadly)
Silver Comet - Top 15 woodie.
Stampida - Suuuccchhhh bad trains! Layout had potential.
Tomahawk - Meh (kiddie ride)
Twisted Twins - Not bad.. but it doesn't do anything.
Villain - Was great when it was new, I didn't ride it in its later years.
Zach's Zoomer - (kiddie ride)
Zeus - Ouch ouch ouch...

(and yes.. I've been on everything I listed...)

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Lightning Racer, Roar, Thunderhead, and Wildcat are good; Gwazi is ok. When I get to ride one by CCI, I will let you know what I thought. (By the end of the summer, I should have ridden Cheetah, Legend, Raven, and Twisted Twins).

Shivering Timbers - ZzzZz (sadly)

What? NO!

Shivering Timbers seems to be a prime example of a "hit or miss", because it seems some either love it, or hate it. I've never really seen many in between reviews for it, but personally, I loved it. The airtime was fantastic the day I went, but I've heard it has a lot of off days.

So yeah maybe you caught it on a bad day.

Snoo

The Legend
Timbers sucks Taylor, shush.

Villain - Was great when it was new, I didn't ride it in its later years.

Consider yourself lucky then friend. I rode it when it was new, thought it was ok.. rode it the last few years (Cedar Fair and Six Flags) and I wanted to rip my brain out of my skull.