What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Serengeti Flyer | S&S Screamin' Swing | 2023

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Always nice to see parks investing in their flat ride lineup. This one features a nice colour scheme and complements the other rides at BGT nicely: it's the perfect family-thrill ride!

Dan?

Roller Poster
Not a fan of the fencing around the ride. My thought process is stupid here, but it makes it feel really unnatural and more like a playground attraction. Rush doesn't have full-height fences, don't see why this would need them if the area was designed better. Massive departure from the days of Montu, SheiKra, etc. Not really all that immersive, makes the park feel inconsistent. Same goes for that grass and the actual ride area and building - it's just not exciting! It feels like something Cedar Fair would do on an extremely tight budget. We saw this from Finnegan's, it's disappointing to see it all over again.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Not a fan of the fencing around the ride. My thought process is stupid here, but it makes it feel really unnatural and more like a playground attraction. Rush doesn't have full-height fences, don't see why this would need them if the area was designed better. Massive departure from the days of Montu, SheiKra, etc. Not really all that immersive, makes the park feel inconsistent. Same goes for that grass and the actual ride area and building - it's just not exciting! It feels like something Cedar Fair would do on an extremely tight budget. We saw this from Finnegan's, it's disappointing to see it all over again.
Surely the full height fencing (the green fence) is more to do with the fact the area behind the ride is an animal enclosure? Nothing to do with the ride safety itself.

Dan?

Roller Poster
Surely the full height fencing (the green fence) is more to do with the fact the area behind the ride is an animal enclosure? Nothing to do with the ride safety itself.
I appreciate that, however I feel like if the area was designed to wrap around the ride and have some themed elements behind it, then not only would the ride look better in the area, but also the fencing could be masked (or all-round replaced!) by the theming.