What's new

BodyFlight and Vertigo

Ali

Mega Poster
For my Christmas present this year, I was given a voucher for me and a friend to go indoor skydiving and a 120ft freefall jump. So nearly seven months later I finally got round to doing it. :)
We woke up ready for the 2 and 1/2 hour journey to Bedford full of excitement and nerves.
First up was Vertigo, the 120ft jump, you start off by ascending up in the small lift, going eight at a time and then climbing the final 20 foot with a ladder. You then one by one get harnessed up and on three, throw yourself over the edge. Here is the video of myself jumping. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myRRDINywWo[/youtube]

It was an amazing experience, but very nerve racking, seemed incredibly high for only 120ft. Have asked my Uncle who lives in Hong Kong to book me a ticket for a similar thing but off Macau Tower which is 750ft tall. :lol:

Next up was the indoor skydiving, which was very remembral, it was a lot harder to master then I thought it would be and i ended up having to be pulled down a lot of the time. My friend ended up kicking his instructor in the head by accident lol. And there was much dribbling due to the huge speeds of the wind! I would recommend both to everyone who loves a thrill or two as it is well worth the money! Anyway onto some pictures! I am the guy in the red!

dsc01861y.jpg

The Crew!
dsc01866vzk.jpg

Virtual Skydiving :D
dsc01876kvv.jpg

The Jump!
dsc01867k.jpg

The Crew geared up for the Jump!
dsc01869i.jpg

My friend looking a Goon!
dsc01908o.jpg

Me and my mate Flying :)

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Indoor skydiving would be fun..... but that freefall looked a bit lame :S looked slow for a free fall lol.

Still, fun nonetheless.

Ollie

CF Legend
You can really call it a freefall jump because you've got a wire lowering you down. At least when we go to the Euro-Live in a few days they have a SCAD tower where you actually freefall 40 meters with no harness or straps. You just fall straight down until you land in the net.
Looks like great fun still though and you enjoyed yourself. Indoor Skydiving looks good fun and I hope to do the real thing at least once sometime in my life. :)