What's new

Best way to take your phone with you on a coaster

nealbie

CF Legend
Joey said:
If you're wearing jeans, no risk of loss.

Don't talk bollocks. Unless you're enormously fat there's always a massive risk of putting phones in jeans, there's never a guarantee unless it's fully enclosed (except if you're Ciall and go to the trouble of HAVING zipped pockets only to leave them open :roll: ).

Personally, I don't like having a phone in my pockets at all because it's 100x more likely to get squashed by a restraint or whatever, so I put it in my breast pocket (zipped).

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, my phone slips out of my jeans when I'm just sat on the sofa, let alone on a coaster.

How people could put anything in their pockets and it not be zipped up <//3

But, I always have a bag for my stuff, so it goes in there.

Smithy

Strata Poster
If my hand can get in my pocket, someone else's hand could get in as well as my phone could slip out. Zips ftw.

Hutch

Strata Poster
If I don't have a zipper pocket, I usually just place it in one of those cupboards they sometimes have in the station, along with my other junk. That way I don't have to worry about it falling out of my pocket and enjoy the ride.

mistermister

Roller Poster
my phone has a little hook like thing on it to hold a strap, which i just wrap around my belt loop. then i put my phone in my pocket and dont care if it comes out, cause it wont go far

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nealbie said:
Joey said:
If you're wearing jeans, no risk of loss.

Don't talk bollocks. Unless you're enormously fat there's always a massive risk of putting phones in jeans, there's never a guarantee unless it's fully enclosed (except if you're Ciall and go to the trouble of HAVING zipped pockets only to leave them open :roll: ).

I always used to put everything in jeans pockets. Never lost anything. However, in the last couple of years I've noticed the pockets on jeans have changed slightly. They're baggier and more open/angled. So while five years ago I'd never think about taking anything out of my jeans, these days everything goes into a bag.

I must try buying the old style jeans again :)

Ben said:
Yeah, my phone slips out of my jeans when I'm just sat on the sofa, let alone on a coaster.

Though I've never had that, but being fat helps :)

Ben said:
But, I always have a bag for my stuff, so it goes in there.

nealbie said:
Personally, I don't like having a phone in my pockets at all because it's 100x more likely to get squashed by a restraint or whatever, so I put it in my breast pocket (zipped).

Yeah, this is actually sensible anyway. Bag is the best way as the chances of the phone getting damaged are pretty high (I broke the screen on one at Knowsely safari park :( ). Chances are also high in your breast pocket with OTSR.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
What?

I find it hard to get my phone out of my jeans when I'm TRYING to get it if my legs are bent. I have to stand up to get anything out of jean pockets.

So, I literally have no idea wtf you guys are talking about, nor how this is an issue... Next time I see you, I want you to demonstrate to me how a phone comes out of a pocket whilst you are sitting down.

jolash

Mega Poster
Joey said:
What?

I find it hard to get my phone out of my jeans when I'm TRYING to get it if my legs are bent. I have to stand up to get anything out of jean pockets.

So, I literally have no idea wtf you guys are talking about, nor how this is an issue... Next time I see you, I want you to demonstrate to me how a phone comes out of a pocket whilst you are sitting down.

They must be wearing gangsta thug jeans.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If you have no zipped pockets, but still want your phone with you, I find the best way to keep your stuff in your pocket is to lower your restraint and just make sure your pocket is in front of the restraint so its naturally closed when its pressed up against.