What's new

Best theme park in Europe?

A

Anonymous

hi, i'm planning a trip to port aventura next year. i've been a couple of times and before i plan anything was wondering if it's worth looking at parque warner or others? i usually go with a bunch of mates for 2-3 nights. i've only had a quick look at spain so far as the weather is favourable, but wondered if there were any better parks out there, or maybe just as good? needs to have a water park within reasonable distance too (hence the lean towards spain again). i'm focused more on the overall quality of the park and what there is to do rather than how many great coasters, but of course there must still be some decent rides.

thanks, kris

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Yeah. Port Aventura seems to fit your needs pretty well and it's amazing. Enjoy.

You may consider Europa Park, it's a better park, but has no water park area and Port Aventura has the best coaster in Khan.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Move to Q&A or Polls And Opinions?

Also, if you want to know what we, as a whole, think, you could check out the 2010 Aitime Awards :--D

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Yeah, this needs to be moved to Polls and Opinions methinks, and I'm sure you keyboard has a Caps Lock or Shift button on it Kris. :)

But enjoy Port Aventura, the only other park matching your water park criteria is Alton Towers, but I'm sure you will have been there.

A

Anonymous

hi, it doesnt need to have a water park on location, just within a bus ride distance. thanks

i've got into a habit of writing without capitals, bit lazy i know.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I still believe you're right to select Port Aventura. They do a 3 day ticket that includes the water park. That should be plenty of time to experience most of what it has to offer. It's a fantastic all-round resort.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I rather liked parque warner - superman and batman are 2 great coasters, and there's a nice haunted swing. also - there are 2 water chute rides, and a rapids - making some of the best water rides I've been on! - Also when I went august a couple of years ago, queues weren't bad at all! (PA was horrendous - hour queues + for pretty much anything)

however - there's not much else except shows - so You may only need 1 day there - so there's also the amisemant park in central madrid which has some nice coasters, and decent water rides too, and if you like "passaje" attractions - theirs is LEGENDARY!

Other possibilities - europa park or phantasialand in germany - or maybe heide park as collossos is ace!

andrus

Giga Poster
I thought Port Aventura was great and it's still my favourite european park after visiting Europa Park, Alton Towers etc. But I think I've already "done" that park, ie there's nothing specially that would bring me back except for Furius Baco that I only rode once (because of the 3 hour long queue).

I'm more interested in going to Mirabilandia than going back to PA. Mira has two of Europes best coasters in Katun and iSpeed and they have a water park too. The park looks really great! But there aint many on this forum who talks of it, I don't know why...

Sharpy_2010

Roller Poster
I love Thorpe Park as I have been there lots and there are some gr8 rides, and it's local to me. However, Alton Towers clinches it for me. Although ihaven't been to any theme parks in different countries, I think Alton is the best

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Try reading the actual topic, or at least the opening post. Sometimes the topic titles can be misleading...