What's new

Be Posh Dracula!

Ollie

CF Legend
Couldn't think of a better topic title. :p

Anyway today I went for a meal to celebrate my Grandmas 70th birthday. It was in Windsor and FOOK it was posh.
The actual area was huge as it's got a hotel there as well. There's a big Golf course, lots of tennis courts and it eve has is own Helicopter pad outside. :)
The actual building reminded me of the towers at Alton. With the same kinda architecture and statues/gardens ect.
The inside was just as nice, with lots of chandeliers, wooden wall panels and live music.
We had a big table by the window overlooking the Thames.
The building has a lot of history behind it. Around 200 films have been shot there. Some of you may recognise it from from films such as St Trinians, The Rocky Horror Show, Half a Sixpence (staring Tommy Steele), Murder by Death (starring Peter Sellers) and Hammer House Productions have done alot there. The most famous is that it was where Dracula was filmed.

I just have to say as well. Our waiter was a Spanish woman and was fookin' fit as. :D

Anyway onto some pics.

Part of the building from the outside with the fountain:
SDC11262.png

Another shot from further round:
SDC11276.png

They had lots of Statues:
SDC11438.png

Inside the entrance:
SDC11425.png

Starter - Ham with lettuce/salad stuff
SDC11372.png

Main course - Sunday Carvery (pic taken after I had eaten some of the meat):
SDC11385.png

Dessert - Baked Custard Tart with Honeycomb ice cream.
SDC11404.png

The food was AMAZING! We also got a small thing of soup as part of the starter which was delicious as well.
I have loads more pictures but I only picked a few so I didn't bore you. It's one of those places where pictures can't show how good it looks. Everyone was turning up in Jaguars with personalised numberplates and stuff.

Which reminds me. I took this image because I though Neal would like it. :)
SDC11476.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

OMG

I wanna go to the Rocky Horror house so much. I was going to stay there over the summer, but, I'm not now.

But, OMG

OMG

"I'm lucky... you're lucky... we're all LLLLUUUUCCCKYYY"

OK, I'm done.

Lofty

CF Legend
That cheese cake looks fooking GORGEOUS!

Hmm interesting building, reminds me of The Haunted Mansion for some reason lol!

Ollie

CF Legend
I have Loads more pics of the building but didn't think anyone would of been interested lol.
I'll upload some more if people want me to.

Ben

CF Legend
YES!

I want more... (more... more... more...)

And I'd have ordered an apple pie so I could have gone "this don't taste too nice" to see if they go "OMG I GET IT" or just "huh... wtf...?"

I would love to see ANY photo of the house!

Ollie

CF Legend
Your wish is my command. :)
Most my pics inside were in the lobby, hallway, restaurant and lots of the outside. I didn't go upstairs or anything.

Entrance:
SDC11325.png

Another shot of the Lobby:
SDC11326.png

Grandfather Clock:
SDC11330.png

Corridor:
SDC11331.png

nadroJ

CF Legend
Jealous much! I want to go to the horror house =[
Really cool looking place Ollie, I'm too fussy to eat in places like these though so I have to be a peasant and stay in McDonalds.

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
I probably should watch The Rocky Horror Show as I have no idea what you are on about. :p

It's only the greatest movie ever made, and anyone who tells you different is wrong.

WATCH IT.

It was in Windsor and FOOK it was posh.

Too bad it wasn't in my Windsor :( . To be fair I think that like, Canada copied a lot of UK names for cities and such.

That's soo cool that it was where the Rocky Horror Picture Show was filmed though! It'd be cool to see it.

so I have to be a peasant and stay in McDonalds.

EY don't dis my place of employment.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
To be fair I think that like, Canada copied a lot of UK names for cities and such.

Do you think like?

I thought it was like, total coincidence that, like, America and Canada have all these like, names the same as thousand year old famous, like, European cities.

Wow! You learn something new every day! Like! :p

New York!!! I get it now! It's like the old York in Britain, but in a new world!!! Genius!

The damn Dutch didn't get to name anything though. Chrsit knows what a New Amsterdam would be like ;) :p

New York!!! I get it now! It's like the old York in Britain, but in a new world!!! Genius!

I didn't know that!

But I mean like, Windsor, London, York, Colchester, and Cambridge just to name a few.

It's pretty intense.

Dave

CF Legend
You didn't know there was a York!?

Its like most americans I talked to here think I come from Portsmouth Virginia or New Hampshire, where as I come from Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK.

Also, stop talking like your talking to one of your friends, its highly irritating.

'But I mean like'
That sentence dosen't make sense.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:

I didn't know that!

But I mean like, Windsor, London, York, Colchester, and Cambridge just to name a few.

It's pretty intense.

I suspect I'm getting my chain yanked here... Surely there's nobody (especially not one who claims excellence in Geography :p) that doesn't realise this?

There are two choices.

1. The native Americans coincidentally came up with the same names of places, when they had names like: Ousagwentera, Manckatawangum and Ganagarahhare - names like York and anythingChester (Roman word by the way :p ) are clearly not going to happen by chance across cultures.

2. There isn't a second choice. I thought everyone (this considering I've known it since I was a small child) knew that American/Canadian place names came from European town names, Indian names, or named after the founder of the place.

If you gave me a list of town names, I'd be able to tell you (with unerring accuracy) the origin of the town name - in America this is! I have probably had this knowledge since I was a teenager.

As I say, I can only imagine I'm on the end of a practical joke!!! :lol:

Lain

Giga Poster
If it were anyone other than Taylor, I'd say yes, obvious sarcasm, but you never know with her! :lol: