• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nayy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
Really?

Awesome, I didn't realise! Thanks a lot!

I just hope God knows the difference between too and to. I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't understand that planning my life...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Perhaps God's plan is for you to die peacefully and respectfully with your family and loved ones around you supporting you on your way to heaven. Perhaps seeing you go in peace will result in an atheist with you realising the truth of God and will be converted. Your death will result in another soul saved?

Who are WE to assume we know God's plan for us?

Dave

CF Legend
Re: Sickened

SFNE003 said:
I am absolutely SICKENED by this poll. Well not the poll, its a good quetion, but the fact that more people who voted, voted for yes. That is load of bull. Who are we too choose when we are gonna end our lives. We dont belong to ourselves but too God. He created us and you think we get too choose when we die. You might not know it but God has a plan for your life. Just sickening what people think :evil:

Would God want you to suffer from an illness that makes you feel pain day in day out crippling you? But dying would be the ultimate pain relief that no drugs can give? I think I'd take the suicide option.

But God dosen't exsist anyway, silly me (but thats my opinion)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Like it's God's plan to let innocent people die?

Seriously, we make the choices in our lives, no-one else, people act in different ways, but I really don't buy into religion these days... If God existed, young kids wouldn't die as bystanders to an incident, everyone would be equal and there'd be no issues between anyone because we'd all be happy...

If I was gonna be brain-dead or end in a vegetable state, what is the point of me existing? What can I do? I could take up a hospital bed which be used by a younger person with need of an organ, who still has their life ahead, hell my organ could be given to them...

To say that other people's views are sickening here however really, it seems to be so typical of someone really into religion to disagree with others because their views are different...

nealbie

CF Legend
To be fair. If it was God's plan. Logic would suggest that during the attempt at euthanasia, divine intervention would take place if it wasn't "your time to go" in God's eyes no? ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, there's already a God topic somewhere else. Shall we just assume that SFNE003 is a good Christian and hence doesn't wish us ill and still loves us despite our heathen thoughts?

And with that, we shall also take on board his point of view that it is wrong to commit (or assist) suicide due to religious grounds - no matter what our thoughts are on that, it's a belief.

My apologies for my contribution to this too.

Moving on...

CMonster

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Like it's God's plan to let innocent people die?

Seriously, we make the choices in our lives, no-one else, people act in different ways, but I really don't buy into religion these days... If God existed, young kids wouldn't die as bystanders to an incident, everyone would be equal and there'd be no issues between anyone because we'd all be happy...

If I was gonna be brain-dead or end in a vegetable state, what is the point of me existing? What can I do? I could take up a hospital bed which be used by a younger person with need of an organ, who still has their life ahead, hell my organ could be given to them...

To say that other people's views are sickening here however really, it seems to be so typical of someone really into religion to disagree with others because their views are different...

I really, really, really don't want to drag this out, but this quote interested me greatly.

Your argument is that if God existed, we would all be happy and at peace and stuff. In that case, we would be almost like robots; we would not really have a choice about anything 'cause we'd all "have" to be equal and happy. Wouldn't that be kind of like being brain dead? Not having choices and freedom?

What if God's plan was to let us have our own choices, and then to face the consequences of our actions?

(BTW, I'm not saying that little kids who die did something horribly wrong or anything like that)

Now we can get back on topic. :wink: