What's new

Are GoPros allowed on the coasters in Fuji-Q Highland and Nagashima Spa Land

BobaFett

Roller Poster
Hey everyone,

I am travelling to Japan this May and I would like to record Onride POVs using a chest mounted GoPro. I know that you have to store your belongings, especially on Eejanaika, where you even have to take your shoes off, but there are plenty of Onride POVs on Youtube, so there must have been a possibility to film onride somehow. Does anyone know, if using a chest mounted GoPro is allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Given the few onrides available + the very strict safety standards in Japan, I highly doubt that any kind of camera is allowed.

Esther7

Roller Poster
I can't help you much, but I'm also preparing a trip to Japan and from the opinions I've read it seems that they're very strict with cameras. I also think that if there are so many POVs on Youtube, perhaps a special permit can be requested from the parks.
Anyway, I hope someone knows more about this topic and can help you.

Alessio

Roller Poster
Fuji-Q, like most of the Japanese Parks, don’t allow GoPros on rides. Often you’re not even allowed to wear a watch.
I was only permitted to use it on the less thrilling Disney rides as well as some coasters at Rusutsu Resort and Brazilian Park Whazusan Highland. And even there, it depended on the operators. Some allowed it, some didn’t.

I think you need special permission, and that probably requires communication in Japanese. When I went I ended up on a Japanese TV show and they were able to obtain permission to film on rides. Despite the strict loose item policy, this ended up being with gopros on short selfie sticks duct taped to their hands!

BobaFett

Roller Poster
To those who are interested:

I reached out to the parks and got an answer from Fuji-Q, saying "bringing in a GoPro is not allowed" (I guess, they mean bringing in a GoPro on a ride). I have yet to get an answer fom Nagashima Spa Land

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
This has been answered already, but I'll shove my (repeated) answer in here that it'll be a no. Nagashima even give you little baskets to put phones/wallets in, which have very clear "don't bring any s**t with you" stickers in the bottom of them. You stupidly have to take their silly little basket even if you have nothing to put in it. There have been stories of people having to remove a tissue from their pocket before now. Actually, maybe that was for Thunder Dolphin, but Nagashima are just as anal.

This has been answered already, but I'll shove my (repeated) answer in here that it'll be a no. Nagashima even give you little baskets to put phones/wallets in, which have very clear "don't bring any s**t with you" stickers in the bottom of them. You stupidly have to take their silly little basket even if you have nothing to put in it. There have been stories of people having to remove a tissue from their pocket before now. Actually, maybe that was for Thunder Dolphin, but Nagashima are just as anal.
With the film crew it was fine on the rides, duct taped selfie sticks and all, but when I rode stuff after they left us they wouldn't even allow the trapped up mic under my shirt!