What's new

anyone know about this ride?

jack.bell

Mega Poster
does anyone know/remember anything about a mine train coaster that drops verticaly down the side/middle of a mine lift tower (the tall tower above a mine where the wheel spins and lift/drops the lift car down/up the mine shaft)? i remember seeing something about it a while ago but cant remember anything about the location of it or if it even/ever exsisted?

thanks

jack

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Isn't that always shut all the time? Cause a member on here went there sometime this year/last year and it was closed for them.

andrus

Giga Poster
Mine train? Ain't this more of a dive machine hence it only has a big vertical drop and.. well.. nothing more?

STC

Mega Poster
6.3 G's is insane.

I think that's probably a possible reason it was closed for so long, maybe some re-profiling. I think the clue there is "Designed by Nauta Bussink, manufactured by local companies and built by Gold Reef City". ;)

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Has anyone here ridden it? As for the companies that made it, I'm either expecting people to say it's unbelievably awesome (like The Ultimate) or a big, metal joke. :p

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICyfbZ1-qJU[/youtube]

all i could find... it seems at one point there was a chain lift, and now a vertical lift... or the other way around..... interesting!!!

Ben

CF Legend
^That must be what it's like now, because it has OTSRs in that video, instead of lap-bars.

Which saddens me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I LOVE the lift structure. Apparently it's an authentic tower from a gold mine. Which would explain it's coolness.

I remember seeing this thing a lot back when Oblivion was still talked about lots. Didn't know what It was called or anything. So it's awesome to have it brought up!

Mark

Strata Poster
It certainly has mammoth quantities of theming which just looks excessive but amazing at the same time...

Oh Saw, you really do suck!