What's new

Anaconda at Walygator Parc update.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Awesome! The actual layout looks cool but the coaster is just so rough (from reviews). This will certainly bring more visitors and they won't go bankrupt.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
GCI started the work on Anaconda during the 2012-2013 off-season. They did some retracking as well as new wheels and increased weight for the train, so the park doesn't have to close off the front car anymore. (They used to keep sandbags in the first car.) I filmed the coaster after the first stage of work last year and the ride still wasn't very good. I hope that it improves when they finish the retracking this year.
Here's the video I filmed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQgZnznUji8[/youtube]

sparky2u

Mega Poster
That video looked so slow & the train just makes it over the hills, the park should buy a set of PTC trains, replace the steel running track with thicker plates & install a faster lift hill motor so the trains have more speed to produce a few sec's of airtime on those humps. :lol:

What was this coaster like when new, was it as slow or faster..

Lofty

CF Legend
Jason Voorhees said:
Awesome! The actual layout looks cool but the coaster is just so rough (from reviews). This will certainly bring more visitors and they won't go bankrupt.
The re-tracking of a wooden coaster won't being more visitors to the park. The fact that most of the general public won't realise that it's been re-tracked and the park aren't actively going to promote it. If it was a RMC makeover of the woody, that's understandably different from the original, but nothing has changed in terms of layout, name, branding etc. So the differences are so minutiae nobody will care.

nealbie

CF Legend
ECG said:
GCI started the work on Anaconda during the 2012-2013 off-season. They did some retracking as well as new wheels and increased weight for the train, so the park doesn't have to close off the front car anymore. (They used to keep sandbags in the first car.) I filmed the coaster after the first stage of work last year and the ride still wasn't very good. I hope that it improves when they finish the retracking this year.
Here's the video I filmed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQgZnznUji8[/youtube]

Richard, Peep, Will and I rode at the front in 2010 and it was no slower than that going around the track, if anything a tad quicker (didn't crawl quite as much over the hills). So I'm guessing they started putting sand in after 2010. The work has visibly made it a LOT smoother already though, it was laughably rough in a straight line simply rolling out of the station, at least now it's just a touch bumpy.

It's a shame because the ride looks the part!