What's new

Alton Towers, 13th July TR

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Bored out of my head from moving, I took a trip to Alton on my todd.

I knew it was going to be packed with school kids, but I have never EVER seen Alton so packed.

I arrived at 12 as it took 2 hours to get there due to stupid sat-navs, even though I live only 30ish miles away. Upon arrival, I was literally thousands of kids congregated near the entrance, so headed off to Nemesis as usual.

The normal queue had filled up and so had the extended queue line and they were informing us of up to 2 hour waits. But I was on my own, so I went single, though this was all the way to the steps going up to the main queue line, and was around an hour.

Did Nemmie, took about 50 mins, and headed off to Air, which had a 90 min queue line, so went single to be told that it was longer than the ordinary queue line. They had closed the singles, but I managed to sneak in to find Air had broken down and had been down for some time. Most single riders begun to leave and within 25 mins there were only 10 of us in the queue line. Air re-opened about 35 mins after I begun queuing and I got on about 5 mins after that.

Headed on sky ride again to Rita only to find the single rider was shut and the normal queue was 2 hours. So I moved over to Oblivion.

For the first time ever, I have seen Oblivions queue line more than 10 mins, infact, it was all the way around the first undercover bit with the vending machines, or around an hour. The singles was all the way round to the person who accepts the fast track, so I joined the normal queue line which only took around 40 mins.

On ride I did a penny trick which impressed a nice looking girl next to me whose tits experienced zero-g, to my satisfaction ;)

Next I headed to Spinball to be greeted by yet another closed Single Rider queue line. The woman was standing telling people to go and join the normal queue line and she tried to get me to go, but I stayed under the condition I help her with the overwhelming number of people coming up to her. She informed me the normal queue line was about an hour, but me knowing Spinball, it was around 30 mins more than that.

I stayed for around 25 mins before the woman finally opened up the singles, and I jumped in first. As I was walking round it pissed it down with rain really hard. This was great for me as I knew it meant 3 per car, so a single almost every time meant I got on within 60 seconds.

Spinball is epic in the rain.

I then went to the woman again to thank her for letting me stay and to tell her I was right about the normal queue being much longer than the singles.

It was still pissing it down and most people begun to leave or meet up with their schools again, which I knew was to my advantage.

By this time it was around 4, and I went to get some food. BK yum.

Headed to Nemesis again only to discover the queues were about the same as last time but going down, so over to Rita.

Single was open this time and 3 mins later I was on. Rita gets rougher each time I go on it.

Over to Oblivion to discover one ride I hadn't been on but wanted to: Submission. Everyone said it was very, very painful and caused bollocks to be crushed, but I was willing to to sacrifice my future so I could rate it on CF :p

It was virtually walk on, and was not painful whatsoever. A good 7/10, a nice ride.

I can't remember the order of the rest, but I got a LOT more in the last 2 hours than the whole of the day.

I went on Duel hoping for it to be my last, and managed to get on again afterwards and I was the last person on Duel.

Met up with my mum and went home.

Ride Count:
Nemesis x4 (x1 Front)
Skyride x3
Duel x2
Rita x1
Oblivion x1
Spinball x1
Submission x1

The staff were so friendly that I've wrote an email praising them :)

spicy

Giga Poster
What day did you go? Today?

I went last week I found Mon and Tues wasn't that busy but Wednesday and Thursday was insane, absolutely packed full of school kids on trips.

Also Rita was down all of last week so at least you had that to soak up some of the queues.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^^ The restaint did not even touch my bollocks, I had about an inch of space, and even when upside down the wallet in my pocket kept the restaint from going near them.

^ Look at the title :roll: The 13th was yesterday xD

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I always thought Submission was immensely painful on the southern borders!

Hopefully it will be going within the next 2 seasons..

Ollie

CF Legend
Submission doesn't hurt my balls. They bar is just really tight on the top of my legs and digs in whenever the ride inverts. The worst bit is when it holds you there though.
It's not as bad as people say it is though and the ride is good fun. Although I usually skip it while at the park.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ I always skip it, but I though 'Heck, why not' and I'm glad I went on it now. I hope they fix the other side though...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^There are no plans for X-Sector in the 10 year plan, which is a shame, as it really needs a lick of paint and Blck Holes tent needs filling/replacing with something worthwhile.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I can't see Submission staying for another 10 years? :shock:
Nor can I see Enteprise lasting that long, but it has more chance than Submission.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I went today, it has been rammed with school kids these past few weeks. But Oblivion always seems to have like no queue at random times throughout the day whereas the others just keep a big queue all day except for the like the first and last couple of hours. It said 40mins for Oblivion on the boards and it was walk on. :?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It was excellent on Sunday! Not bad at all, you should go weekends :p

Nemmy was less than ten minutes and air was about 15 or 20. Oblivion was practically walk on, in fact we did a couple of times :)

Though two weeks before on the Sunday there were over 22,000 in the park and it HEAVED!

So, erm, you take your chances I guess :)

Ormerod said:
Submission, not painful? Where do you keep your balls? :shock:

They're in Minor_Furie's bedroom! :shock:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Submision not painful? Are your balls made of titbon? Or just microscopic? Never again will I go on it. Self harmers are looked down on, but riders on Submision are not, when it is effectively the same thing!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Well for a week after going on it, I couldn't walk as a result of my leg being squashed, and I could have been used as a dog whistle my voice was so high thanks to the ball bashing. Not best choice of words on refleciton.