What's new

Alton 14th September/Blackpool 17th September

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I was dragging my friend from Devon to Alton since he has only really been to Blackpool (when he last up) and the tiny parks near him.

September weekdays seem a really good time to go. It was obvious that it was full of either university students or adults who had booked the day off.

I had prebooked my friend's ticket so he could definitely do the ERT with me but this plan was kinda ruined by the only breakdown of the day. We caught the bus from Stoke Station and all was going well until we noticed we were crawling up one of the numerous steep hills on the way to Alton. The bus driver eventually pulled over and announced that the bus had broken down. We ended up waiting 50 minutes on the roadside while a bus repair van came and then decided that it couldn't be repaired and Alton eventually sent a replacement bus. The staff on the bus were all trying to arrange the fact that they were actually late and it wasn't their fault with their manager's. (We ended up seeing pretty much all of them during the rest of our day at the park which is odd considering how large the park is and how many staff there are) We got there an hour late missing all the ERT. It seemed like it was going to be a really bad day for us but this opinion was soon changed.

Little queues everywhere apart from the usual suspects like Spinball Whizzer. Everyone seemed to be wanting to queue for the front row which made the main queues even shorter. The lack of skyride was a pain and since I was already hurting from The Ultimate the day before it made it awkward to reride different stuff.

The longest queue of the day was for the food at the fish and chips by Nemesis. One person serving and it was just so slow it could be backwards.

My friend ended up calling me a geek because I could direct this family to Rita without even using a map but I reassured him that this was a mild form of geekism.

The Towers were shut off due to Scarefest preparations and even the pee tunnel was closed too. My friend was actually shocked that there was a ruined house in the middle of the park. He just kept staring at it everytime we walked past.

We managed to get the long bus back which was mainly filled with staff moaning about their jobs and insulting each other.

Overall it was a really good day even if I was already worn out.

Ride count:
Rita x2
Hex x1
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory x1
Oblivion x1
Spinball x1
The Flume x1
Rapids x1
Mine train x1
Nemesis x1
Air x1
Ripsaw x1

Blackpool report to come soon.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Pretty good ride count and sounds like you had a good time.

Did you go on front row on anything or just middle rows?

Did your friend enjoy it?

Looking forward to Blackpool report.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
We didn't really go on front row apart from Oblivion. Middle for everything else but back row for Nemesis.

I think I managed to spoil him now with Alton Towers.