What's new

Albums Of 2010

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I was right, MCR's new album has taken the title of my favourite album of 2010. I made sure I bought the special edition, and got the black bandana with the stars on it. If anyone else got the special edition, what bandana did you get?

I now love My Chem as much as I did back in 2006, which is A LOT.

I also bought Korn III: Remember Who You Are by KoRn today which I have yet to listen to, but I'm expecting good things from it.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I genuinely can't think of ANY decent albums that have come out this year. Its been a slow music year for me this year. I've had a bit of a thing for a few albums that came out at the back end of last year, but i'm struggling on this year.

The only thing that's springing to mind at the moment is the Mumford & Sons album, but I wouldn't want to class that as the best album of the year, its just A pretty good one that I can recall!

The album I have whored the most this year, although it was released over a year ago, is The XX album. I've not encountered an album that good for a long time, and despite properly hammering it for a good year now, its still as fresh and exciting as it was on the first listen.

peep

CF Legend
My fav album of the year defo goes to Iron Maiden with The final frontier. Just amazing from start to finish. I feel that's all I need to say. :D

Other albums I've listened to and really loved are Ke$ha's Animal album. I don't like her but the music is fantastic. I liked some of the tracks on Kelis' new album. My other fav this year is today's release, My chemical romance's Danger days. I loved their two other albums (still not listened to their actual first album so I don't count it lol) some songs don't seem great but I feel they will grow on me over time like the majority of Black parade did. Oh and it has one of the best intro tracks ever.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Okay, so I agree with some already stated:

Eminem - Recovery

Like gavin, really gone off him, but he has really come back, done what he can do best, and got everybody to like him again and earnt lots of money on the way. I'm sure he'll be very pleased with that outcome.

Pendulum - Immersion

Amazing album. Before I have always thought, with bands of this nature, that they have 2 or 3 amazing tracks and the rest are kind of 'filler'. This album just has killer track after killer track, really the album of the summer I reckon.

I was going to say Fever, but I've changed my mind. I really liked it when it came out but the novelty wore off extremely quickly.

Others I'd like to state:

Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy

Just awesome, have tickets to see this guy in February. It's gonna be a pretty good night.

Eluveitie - Everything Remains As It Never Was

Never head of them? Check them out if you love metal and folk music. Pure genius.

Reckless Love - Reckless Love

Pure awesome 80s cheese, absoltuley amazing stuff.

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Not often bands you once liked many moons ago produce something worth listening to, but Deftones bucked that trend this year and really released some killer stuff.

Lostprophets - The Betrayed

A bit guttingly, this is my most played album of the year. But it has some really good songs on it and nice to see they got rid of the crappy, 'look at me you 14 year old girls' style.

You Me At Six - Hold Me Down

I didn't like this abnd at all until I heard this CD and it really blew me away, a really good disc and a band that are this style without being all cliche emo crap. Good to see that.

Rise To Remain - Bridges Will Burn EP

A very good band, yet to release a full album but a great combination of heavy music with some brilliant singing. Expect a lot from this band in years to come.

Alkaline Trio - This Addiction

Similar to my Deftones statement, I was extremely impressed with this. This album took a while to grow on me, but I really feel like this band have perfected what they are good at and it shows through this brilliant music that they have created.

Angels and Airwaves - LOVE

An album you can get free from their website! A disc with crap reviews, but I love it. A great sound, and it's such a relief to hear music so positive and optimistic for a change.

Finally, as a little side note of albums which are still some of my favourites of the year, but do not show the bands full potential at all:

Story Of The Year - The Constant

Such a good album but dissapointed that the band really have changed their style of what made them unique. The solos have gone and been replaced by more catchy chords and singing. A great album, but not reflective of the bands best work at all.

The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

Again, not reflective of the bands best work at all. A good CD, but from someone who adores every album by this band except this one, they must have done something different, and it really is a shame.

Overall, a good year for music I'd say! I didn't expect me to come up with so many albums!

Martyn

Giga Poster
This album only came out on Monday, but I've had it on almost non-stop this week. Weird too, as it's not my usual style of choice.

michael-cassette-temporarity-620x620.jpg

Michael Cassette - Temporarity

Progressive house, with a massive 80s influence.

Will

Strata Poster
I'm not sure if Live albums are eligible, but if so, I may have just found a late entry.
Opeth_In_Live_Concert_at_the_Royal_Albert_Hall_CD-DVD_cover.jpg

Started listening on Spotify, and this is absolutely ****ing GODLY, the true embodiment of progressive death metal. Missing that gig was already my biggest regret of the year, but now I'm REALLY never going to forgive myself for it. Mikael Akerfeldt's voice just... gets to me in ways no male should be allowed to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6hoEDh7i4M[/youtube]

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^Progressive death metal is so much better when it's live. It's just so much more raw and powerful.

Damnit I really need to listen to more Opeth, it'd make a nice change from the likes of Fear Factory, Cannibal Corpse, Machine Head, Slipknot and Otep. As much as I love my music, I've played it to death. Will have lots of new metal things to order off HMV online, thanks to you, Will and Jer c:

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Hmmm my top albums...

VersaEmerge - Fixed at Zero Wikipedia lists them as Post-Hardcore, Alt Rock and Exp Rock, but to be honmest I haven't got a clue what they mean :D Anyway, their debut album.... Pure amazingness. Loads of people compare them to Paramore, but they're really nothing like them. Now, I am a Massive Paramore fan, but VersaEmerge have something that Paramore just don't. Their music is quite 'darker' than Paramore, though they do have a few 'pop' tracks on the album. Their songs are genius. Please people, check them out... They deserve to be bigger :D

Eminem - Recovery I've been a fan of Em since The Eminem Show, and was rather dissapointed with the last album, Relapse. On this one however, Eminem seems to get back to his former self. Admittedly, this isn't my favourite album, but its a massive step up from Relapse. Favourite songs have to be SpaceBound and Almost Famous. Stil not a fan of the 'stupid' tracks such as W.T.P and Cold Wind Blows.[/b]

Saw VII OST - Charlie Clouser I know everyone will probably dismiss my opinions on this as, admittedly, I am an overly obssessed Saw fan. Saw VII was ****... However the score more than makes up for it. I'd go as far to say it is one of the best of the series. Track 28 'Roaster', man that's an emotional piece of music, in a weird kind of way. The Final Zepp, our last ending theme is pretty crap, and I'm dissapointed. Kevin Greutert ranted about how the final theme is EPIC, and even had choir vocals, though none of which is true :( But yeah, the score is ace, even if it isn't completely complete.

Last but not least, Queen - The Singles Collection: Volume 4 Not really classed as an album, but hey, it's Queen, what's not to like! The remasters sound quite good, and don't seem to have fallen victim to the 'Hey lets make it louder' treatment that remasters tend to get, which completely destroys the dynamics of the songs.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Avenged Sevenfold- Nightmare
By far the best of the year, so much raw emotion on the album. Now, I know I am biased, but this is the perfect tribute to the Rev, and Save Me is by far their best song yet. The entire song is just eargasm after eargasm.

Others that I enjoyed,

New eminem, I absolutely loathe rap, but this keeps my attention.
Disturbed= Asylum (excluding Another Way to Die)
T-Swift

Jools

Giga Poster
Me being the pop fan I am, love Kesha - Animal, The Saturdays - Headlines, Sugababes - Sweet 7, Katy Perry - Teenage Dream, Rihanna - Loud and Pixie Lott - Turn It Up Louder, females have reined for me this year :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Brad said:
Science and Faith - The Script
Highly awaited and it did not disappoint. Great lyrics which are really meaningful (usually I don't go for that rubbish, but this is brilliant). + Danny is a great live singer.
Favourite Songs - Nothing & Exit Wounds

Whilst you're correct that that's the most awesome album of the year (even if you STUPIDLY think it's Immersion pffffft), you need to sort your life out and realise that "You Won't Feel A Thing" is the best thing on that album. Nothing is, well, nothing by comparison. ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
I need to correct myself and move 'Progress' into the number one spot! Mainly because:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qpTWxtz-fI&feature=related[/youtube]

IT'S AN SOS, IT'S AN SOS! <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I have almost literally listened to NOTHING apart from that album since mid August. Still have that extra ticket for Feb in Birmingham, Edmundo...

Richie

Hyper Poster
cc.jpg

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles - Without a doubt my favourite album from 2010. Favourite band of all time, great album, just amazing.

miamayacover.jpg

M.I.A. - /\/\ /\ Y /\ - Not as good as her other albums, but still really good. Definately one of the albums of the year for me and one of the most looked forward to.

Superficialalbumcover.jpg

Heidi Montag - Superficial - The biggest shock of an album. I didn't really know too much about her before this came out, but gave this album a listen to anyway, but OMG it's actually amaaazing, haha. All the tracks are super catchy and even though it is pure cheese, it's just amazing. LOVE it.

Mark

Strata Poster
Hmmmmm.

My personal faves this year are as follows...

In the top spot is easily Kelis, Fleshtone. Guaranteed to make me dance and be happy. Awesome album.
kelis-flesh-tones-$7062387$300.jpg

Followed up by the thought provoking and inventive, daring Progress, by Take That
Take_That_Progress.jpg