What's new

2024 Golden Ticket Awards

I'm not going to bother even opening the link. Let me guess, they threw something at Europa and Blackpool again so that they can continue to pretend to be international?

giphy.webp

Fury skating through at #1 is the most Golden Ticket Award move ever.

Shared in another coaster chat, for the un-GTA-initiated: On Golden Ticket Awards and how it can get 60% general alignment with broader consensus… and then 20% so off-base it makes you wonder if an Octopus was making picks from buckets full of shellfish - it’s the scoring methodology that constantly screws it up, and using a regional scoring basis that creates weird weighting. From the GTA FAQ:

The U.S. ballots are divided into four geographical regions, with approximately the same number of voters in each region.

This is how Fury skates through unscathed in a non-competitive region, while VC and SV (objectively better when compared to all other community-wide ballots) rather take the #1 slot. As others have mentioned,eneral gist to the uninitiated and casual amusement park followers. CoasterBot, CoasterForce's own rankings, etc., GTA gives the g show a far more accurate picture. :)

Files Under: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Golden Ticket

I'm not going to bother even opening the link. Let me guess, they threw something at Europa and Blackpool again so that they can continue to pretend to be international?

Looking strictly at the GTA's top 25 wood and steel coaster lists, the 50 winners regionally break down like this:

North America - 38
Europe - 12
Rest of the planet - 0

So, perhaps a touch more than just the most token of considerations given towards Europe, but yes, the "North America" is strong with this one.

That rest of the planet goose egg speaks volumes against any purported "internationalism".