What's new

2011- B&M invert for Parc Asterix !

msep003

Roller Poster
In response to Walygator and its Monster , it seems that Parc Asterix will get an Inverted B&M for the next season .

good idea !!!!

source : First Drop Magasine

nadroJ

CF Legend
Any sort of link or anything available? If this is true then, awesome, can never have too many B&M Inverts in my opinion. However it does sound incredibly ambitious and enthusiast-dreamish.

A

Anonymous

^ As he said, the info is available in the First Drop magazine, which means that it's only available to ECC members.

And what I'm aware of it's the only place where this news have surfaced...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Lol... (Other examples could have been Silver Bullet ;))

I thought Tonnere was meant to be good? Evidently it's gone downhill then last time I heard about Parc Asterix...

Kinda need to go there, if only for the 'It can't be THAT bad can it?' experience on Gouderix... A B&M coaster is always a good thing...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah from what I can remember, that Zues was supposed to be awsome?

Its only a couple of hours away from Walygator too, so I may just wait another year before going there, and get 2 new B&M creds!

Ben

CF Legend
No, Zeus probably USED to be awesome. Unfortunatly, the people that look after it are French, and so it's now maintained AWFULLY.

Nic

Strata Poster
Ooooh, I might actually get up off my arse and visit next year then if this is true :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nemesis Inferno said:
Kinda need to go there, if only for the 'It can't be THAT bad can it?' experience on Gouderix... A B&M coaster is always a good thing...
It's really not as bad as everyone makes out. It does suck, but people make too much of a fuss about it.

I also quite enjoyed Tonnerre du Zeus, yes it was a bit shaky and possibly poorly maintained, but it was fun!

This is great news for the park. They need something new to spruce things up a bit.

andrus

Giga Poster
Great news! Let's hope it's at least as big as 'Monster', so that it won't be another small Batman clone..

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Does it not seem like a bit of a silly idea to get something so similar to a coaster opening up down the road a year earlier? To have any impact, in terms of marketing value, they're going to have to make it bigger than Monster.

Then again, I suppose the planning and design may well have been done before the news of Walygator buying Orochi.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^Nothing wrong with an Alpengeist clone either...

^Walygator is a bit of a trek from PA (300km, +- 50km). If it tells anybody anything, it's closer to Europa Park than Paris, where PA is located.

When I first heard about this, I thought it was awesome. Then, I forgot it. For five minutes. Then I remembered, and thought it was awesome. This process has repeated a few times now.
PA really needs another thrilling attraction. An Invert would tick all the boxes, and if we can count on the same level of themeing as I know there is in some places in the park, this will be a really stunning attraction.

Now waiting for Disney's answer...

msep003

Roller Poster
And remember that Nigloland will also get a Mega Lite from Inty in 2011 or 12 . Lots of Coaster Competition in less than 400kms .

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I honestly don't see why everybody rips on Parc Asterix. I thought that the park was absolutely gorgeous and Tonnerre De Zeus is one of my favorite woodies. I even thought that Goudurix was decent. If everybody has this awful opinion about Parc Asterix, I can't imagine what they think of Six Flags parks over here.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
That's great to hear. B&M Inverts are possibly the greatest things invented by B&M, and the most unique...for a while I was beginning to think they were becoming extinct!