FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

MartyNZ
MartyNZ
UAE for coasters? Sounds awesome. Still need to get out there. Is that BombayExpress woodie open yet? Will it be open by then if not already?
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
No word yet on Bombay Express or Storm, or, of course, Mission Ferrari. Nor on the new SeaWorld opening up. I’m hopeful on Storm and Bombay, but nothing else. 2 new coasters did just open at Motiongate.
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
Well, certainly don’t make any tweaks with me in mind (by Easter I’d be in UAE anyway). I know how hard it can be to nail down a schedule in which everything works, so you do what works for you first. Then let me know everything, and I’ll see if there’s anything I can possibly make happen to join you somewhere.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
I think you should join me at HersheyPark on 9/10April. That's about a 4 hour drive for you though right? The thing about Hershey and SFGAdv... I will most probably visit them again when passing through there on my next visit anyway to SFNE,Quassy and Lake Compounce. Along with Knoebles and a quick Dorney visit. I only get 20 days leave/vacation a year and we're forced to burn 9 days over xmas.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
I've saved a few from last year since i had to cancel all my trip, but still we couldnt build up many days and had to take some with the family.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
I'll be using 16 days leave on this trip, so my next one will have to be shorter unfortunately.
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
I see you are committing four days to BGW/KD. Those are both great parks, but that seems excessive to me (I can't speak for you and what you want to spend your time on, but that's me). If you did one day each, then you could spend the third day at whichever park you think merits it (or just do one day each, as i see them as one-day parks).
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
Then you could have some flexibility with your Hershey and and SFGAdv days, and maybe get in Knoebels? Just thinking out loud on your behalf there. Again, you should do whatever you're most comfortable with and then let me know. If it's Hershey on April9-10, just let me know when it's certain, as I need to rent a car in advance (living in NYC, I have no car).
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
Yeah so i 90% agree with you. Here's the logistics issue though. No other parks are open during the week. Knoebles also only open from May onwards. It's about 7 hour drive from Dollywood to KD/BGW 'ish so that first day would be a half day. 3 days is what i wanted between KD and BGW which allows 1.5days at either to allow for ride closures on a day.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
Also, Pantheon! and spring break will be busy that week i suspect. Hersheypark is only open on those weekends. It's really a race against time and making compromises. I'll definitely let you know once i've got this trip set in stone though.
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
Ah, OK. Given those factors, I understand your plans. Yes, let me know as soon as it’s set.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
Just checking, how would you get to SFGadv? Are there buses,trains,uber etc you would take? Forgot New York area is all about public transport and taxis! I see there's a fast 'Acela' train between the cities to DC. I could pick you up at say Baltimore (when i head through it on Sat morning on the way to Hershey) then we do Hershey and then drop you back off Sunday night closer to SFGadv.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
I'm assuming Hershey would be worth your time. Maybe it's not! I know you do like Skyrush though.
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
Baltimore is very far away from me. By train it would take half a day to get there and it would be very expensive. It’s cheaper and easier for me to rent a car. I love Hershey and would always love a visit.
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
Are you doing this trip solo?
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
Sorry I forgot about these chats. I thought i'd get an email if i missed a message, but apparently not! So FYI my plane tickets are booked. Car rental booked too. All hotels booked, but with free cancellation so can be moved potentially. So at this moment, HersheyPark 9 and 10 April (SAT/SUN) is on.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
Solo trip yes. I'm meeting up with my buddy from Texas for my San Antonio part, and also another one for Carowinds and maybe Dollywood with me. Nothing lined up for my Florida parks yet. Sean is out as he's going to be too busy with work this year and doing a Europe trip june/july
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
OK, great! So I’ll look into booking a car very soon. If I joined you for the weekend, would we be able to share lodgings? I’d pay half the cost of course.
Tbh, the only hesitation in my head is that I don’t want to do anything CoVID-risky just a week before my rather expensive UAE trip, but perhaps that’s just paranoia speaking.
MestnyiGeroi
MestnyiGeroi
Too bad about Sean. Would love to finally meet him, but I do think for me at least it’ll happen sooner or later. For you that’s a tad harder.
MartyNZ
MartyNZ
I've booked 9 april and 10 april, so sat and sun night here "Knights Inn Palmyra". Google that on booking.com. My criteria were under $80US per night and needed to be 7+ rating, and semi close to park . It's $150US for both nights with two beds. It costs the same for me so don't worry about going halves.