What's new

Drayton Manor | Gold Rush | Intamin Family Coaster | 2024

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Yeah that was about the new signs on the Haunting back in May.

However they do keep deleting all their social media posts on the new ride after me and others keep pointing out about the 6 fingers thing

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This is the sleeper hit of 2024 I swear.

I don't know if this has been confirmed before but it will have two different ride sequences and although it isn't stated it seems like they will be somewhat randomised?

From watching the testing I'm 99% sure the two ride settings are as follows:

1. Dispatch - Forwards lift - Backwards launch - Lift drop (train facing downwards) - Forwards launch
2. Dispatch - Lift drop (train facing upwards) - Forwards launch - Forwards lift - Forwards launch

Correct me if I'm wrong but this will be the first coaster in the world where the layout/sequencing can vary per cycle. Couple this with the promising theming and I think this will be the UK's best family coaster.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Yeah from what I've seen and heard it can basically complete the track anyway it wants and be loaded in the station facing forwards or backwards. And then the 2 combinations above as well

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
From watching the testing I'm 99% sure the two ride settings are as follows:

1. Dispatch - Forwards lift (up and over) - Show building (forward entry, backward launch exit) - Lift drop (train facing downwards) - Forwards launch (through show building)
2. Dispatch - Lift drop (train facing upwards) - Show building (backward entry, forward launch exit) - Forwards lift (up and over) - Forwards launch (through show building)
Correct, I think these will be the only two. Though, theoretically, I think it could be programmed to do even more options than this (ex. setting 1, but instead of the downward-facing lift drop, it goes over the lift crown backwards for an even longer backward cycle). Not expecting that though. Would be especially interesting if it can indeed return to the station facing either direction, could open a different set of options there!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Correct, I think these will be the only two. Though, theoretically, I think it could be programmed to do even more options than this (ex. setting 1, but instead of the downward-facing lift drop, it goes over the lift crown backwards for an even longer backward cycle). Not expecting that though. Would be especially interesting if it can indeed return to the station facing either direction, could open a different set of options there!
I don't think they will cause as it stands, the two cycles will have roughly the same duration allowing for smooth consistent 2 train ops.

jasone

Roller Poster
I'm really impressed at the area so far. It almost feels to me like they've seen the success of Paultons and are following suit. While it's probably not enough for me to visit, as i'm not the target audience of course, it does look like a really quality addition, and something unique for the UK.

Really dislike the idea they may be using AI for their promo though...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Gold rush had its press night and if you were staying at the hotel you also got to have a go.

Skip to 12:30 in the vid to see inside the station and some on ride.

If there was a crowd surge on media day, they need to up their game very quickly for the actual opening day, or it will get very ugly!!!

I cannot understate how important it is, that parks catch on to the risk of crowd issues at opening days of late, with the masses and masses of new enthusiasts. Thorpe realised, and did a fantastic job. But unless every park takes similar measures, somebody is going to get seriously hurt sooner or later.

VonRolland

Giga Poster
If there was a crowd surge on media day, they need to up their game very quickly for the actual opening day, or it will get very ugly!!!

I cannot understate how important it is, that parks catch on to the risk of crowd issues at opening days of late, with the masses and masses of new enthusiasts. Thorpe realised, and did a fantastic job. But unless every park takes similar measures, somebody is going to get seriously hurt sooner or later.
Drayton holds main day guests outside Thomas land most days and releases the hoard in one go, bet they'll do it tomorrow too

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Quirky coaster.

POV doesn't make it look great. Looks slow (I'm not making the joke here) and a bit too meandering, although I'm sure it rides better.

Between this, Intamin's multi-dimensional coasters and Vekoma's Switchback coasters, I'm liking the potential that's coming about for these multi-directional, multi-option/route coasters. Definitely could have some cool indoor coasters with this technology.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I'm liking the potential that's coming about for these multi-directional, multi-option/route coasters. Definitely could have some cool indoor coasters with this technology.
Raising my hopes there for what I desperately want, old fashion X:\ No Way Out with the stoppages, the dark factory theme and the back and forth movements again, reborn but better. Please. 🥺

Ollie

CF Legend
Love it. Great coaster for younger children to ride with their families with interesting elements and a nice coaster to bridge the gap onto bigger rides as they get older. A 2 minute ride time for this coaster is great as well.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Correct me if I'm wrong but this will be the first coaster in the world where the layout/sequencing can vary per cycle.

Maybe on the sequencing but I do believe Primordial at Lagoon near the end splits into two different track options...with four different combinations possible. But I do think this ride looks quite interesting. Hard to believe it's been 18 years since I've been there 😬