What's new

New rides @ small parks

Bakken has opened a Zamperla Magic Bike called Svæveflyveren -- apparently recently enough that it's not even featured on the park map yet.

a2f1af36-5b43-9785-1add-3c349f4764a5.jpg

Bakken has opened a Zamperla Magic Bike called Svæveflyveren -- apparently recently enough that it's not even featured on the park map yet.

a2f1af36-5b43-9785-1add-3c349f4764a5.jpg

We sure it's open? The Zamperla Happy Swing there opened a couple weeks ago but there's been no trace of this ride on social media.

Bakken has opened a Zamperla Magic Bike called Svæveflyveren
"The Flying Flyer"? Talk about a redundant name.

EDIT: Thinking it through, and judging by the context, it might be that "Svæveflyver" is the Danish translation of "hang glider". One of those rare words that are not similar in Norwegian and Danish.

Last edited:
We sure it's open? The Zamperla Happy Swing there opened a couple weeks ago but there's been no trace of this ride on social media.
I first got word of this from their newsletter a few days ago so I would assume it’s open, or at least close to it? Can’t find any other photos of it, though.

Last edited:
The mildly dumpy Santa's Village in Muskoka, Ontario was taken over by new ownership last year. There's been a lot of word that they were splurging new capital on 2024 rides and a bigger something for 2025. The four-decade-old Rudolph powered coaster was always expected to go at the end of the season, but decided to forcibly ground itself a week before my planned visit last month.

The replacement has been announced as Yeti Trek, a Vekoma family coaster with a custom layout and station fly-through. Between this and AlpenFury, 2025 be a bright year here in Canada.

Last edited:
That looks fun! The layout looks quite punchy!

Is this park owned by the same company as the Santa’s Village in the USA that put in a Vekoma family coaster this year? If not, it seems weirdly coincidental for two parks named Santa’s Village to both add very similar Vekoma family coasters in successive years…

That looks fun! The layout looks quite punchy!

Is this park owned by the same company as the Santa’s Village in the USA that put in a Vekoma family coaster this year? If not, it seems weirdly coincidental for two parks named Santa’s Village to both add very similar Vekoma family coasters in successive years…
And both of these replaced Rudolph themed family coasters. When I read @TPoseOnTantrum's post, I was certain that it's pretty old news, as I was sure I heard of it a while ago.

They have no relation to one another.

Many thoughts;

And both of these replaced Rudolph themed family coasters.
As it turns out, it isn't. Each are located in very separate parts of the park, there was reassurance earlier in the year that Rudolph wasn't going anywhere but it seems that everyone underestimated just how poor a condition it was in. The new owners have been thinking along the ideas of expansion, they were probably ready to run three coasters at once.

It's going to have a very nice location too, that first lift hill turn will be right out over the waterfront and the rest goes into the woods. The layout feels less like Vekoma's stock junior coasters and more like they were asked to deliver a Gravity Group design with the out/back design, low-ground hugging, and expansive turns. Is this also not the first station fly-by on a steel coaster in North America?
Screen Shot 2024-08-26 at 12.34.21 PM.jpg

that actually looks really good for a family ride! Its so out of the way tho',
Big issue is though is that it actually looks like a legit ride and therefore won't be dismissed as for diehards only. Logistically it going to be tough to fit into travels if you're not local. The enthusiasts will already be traveling up north for AlpenFury next year, but suddenly you have something that may need an extra day set asides for. Yes you could probably rope drop Canada's Wonderlands' new coaster before it gets hit with the usual obscene lines, then drive at least two hours each way plus time at Santa's Village, before returning to CW for the evening. Would anyone really want to be inconvenienced with that though?

Looks like pieces of an SBF Spinner coaster have shown up at Canobie Lake. Saw a photo on a FB group of the train sitting in storage at the park but cant seem to find it now. Oh well. Looks like I'll be getting a +1 at my former homer park nest summer <3