What's new

Fantasiana | Wiener Looping 2.0 (relocated) | Mack Stryker Coaster | 2025

Could someone remind me why both of these Mack coasters are actually discussed in this thread? Was there actually a point in time where it has been considered to sell the coaster planned for Vienna to Fantasiana or was this just us confusing the two projects which, however, evolved totally independent of each other?
It's the latter. They were always independent of each other.

There was an awkward overlap when Fantasiana announced their new coaster just at a time when there were rumors that Prater's Wiener Looping project was getting canned and the ride was being sold.

Anyways, more on topic, some work on Helios' (the name of Fantasiana's Stryker coaster) station is already being done and there's a subtle tease with a track segment of the new ride next to Wild Train.

IMG20240615154805.jpg

IMG20240615154813.jpg

IMG20240615160203.jpg

Photos were taken on my visit on June 15th.

I'm wondering about the opening day of wiener looping as I'll have the opportunity to pass by Vienna in September. RCDB still lists September but I couldn't find any recently put out information that would confirm this. Anyone who've been to Prater recently?

I'm wondering about the opening day of wiener looping as I'll have the opportunity to pass by Vienna in September. RCDB still lists September but I couldn't find any recently put out information that would confirm this. Anyone who've been to Prater recently?
I don't know what the current construction progress is of Wiener Looping. But when i was in Vienna 2 months ago, footer construction wasn't even finished. I think they stopped construction because of the summer holidays.
So i don't think this coaster will be operational already in september.

This is how it looked when I was there last night.

Mods any chance we could just pick a few sacrificial posts to shift into a new thread to talk about the Prater one separately to the Fantasiana one?

Attachments

• PXL_20240817_205146510.jpg
    PXL_20240817_205146510.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 47