What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

The promo video did indeed confirm what most expected plus loads of details that many have been waiting for, including:

Electricity can be seen going through wires in the village up to the manors tower

The fly through goes no further than the manors entrance & doesn't show the ride itself. We have a visual confirmation of the expected ride seats in the promo and the blog gives a basic plot overview. Apparently this is using the most 'technologically advanced animated figures that have ever been built' (with no qualifier yet to say that Universal have built)' that needed with some new tech.

Some cool pics and info here: https://blog.discoveruniversal.com/...out-dark-universe-at-universal-epic-universe/

904x705-5.jpg

The windmill goes on fire every 20 mins and, love this detail, will use different type of gas ratios depending on the time of day to provide the best effect possible.

They are really pushing the scary side to this land, excellent. They did however emphasise the spinning coaster is a family ride with a 40 inch height requirement.

Last edited:
This is by far the part of Epic Universe I am the most excited about.
Really coming along nicely. I like the atmosphere, landscaping, architecture.

and the animatronic seen in the new clip is already looking incredible.

Chronos entry structure above the park entrance is nearly at its full height.
GQw5zOMWgAAMlXQ

Source

Photo from inside the park at ground level giving off an idea of how tall some of the entry portals to the lands are
GQ4FwQIXIAAFPUv

Source

Helios Grand Hotel is shaping up nicely
GQqvjwAXwAA8uNx

Source

Haven’t watched the video yet, I’ll edit this post with my thoughts later.

EDIT: Well, I guess they filmed this video before the Starfall Racers name change 😂

Its the same video as released on 30 January. Its now unlisted and comments turned off so perhaps set live in error (or the weirdest response data gathering experiment if an option B is needed).

No updated drone shots or latest pics either, but we do have Bio back in the air again with some Chronos updates

GRL4HHaW0AANqTV.jpg

GRL5049XwAANm_i.jpg

Its a silly name isn't it but you can call yourself whatever, or be whoever you want to be.

Last edited:
Its the same video as released on 30 January. Its now unlisted and comments turned off so perhaps set live in error (or the weirdest response data gathering experiment if an option B is needed).
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it was weird they were releasing a video like this now.

They have now also updated the original video with all those views to have the correct Star Racers name spoken.

The expected final land has been revealed. Universal mentioned collaborating with the filmmakers & no unwelcomed cameos 🏳️‍⚧️

Again we were provided with minimal info on the main dark ride, (no surprise to keep the surprise) but I'd really like a detailed look into the hardware. We got a concept still of the ride vehicle & story synopsis which is inline with the main rumours. They did suggest a neat visual effect going through the fireplace from Paris to London so hopefully that works really well.

As a huge potter fan, this is definitely the area I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

The Fantastic Beasts area doesn't interest me too much (those films were dreadful 🤣) however the Ministry of Magic ride looks like it could be a dream come true for me. The fact they're building it on a full scale too is so exciting!

Last edited:
As a huge potter fan, this is definitely the area I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

The Fantastic Beasts area don't interest me too much (those films were dreadful 🤣) however the Ministry of Magic ride looks like it could be a dream come true for me. The fact they're building it on a full scale too is so exciting!
A. The first Fantastic Beasts film isn't bad if you take it at face value and don't directly compare it to he books

B. Actually about the ride, it's either going to be the direct competition to RotR, or be Transformers with Emma Watson's mug shot slapped across a low res 2-d screen. Personally hoping for the former, but Universal does have a real screen fettish.

Also for the love of all the is holy to our wonderful theme park deity, let's make this ride actually accurate to the source material so people can shut the f up once it opens. They got it right with Hagrids, but Forbiden Journey is a royal mess when you actually think about the plot.

Seems like cool tech, and I could see clones popping up at other parks like Forbiden Journey, but much like Forbidden journey, we should all hold full judgement and not listen to the Orlando vloggers.

I'm sorry... what?! :eek:
@Hixee right now:

On the new Harry Potter Wizarding World Reveal:
  • So to be clear, the Paris section is in "present day", not 1920s of Fantastic Beasts?​
  • Digging the subterranean show and flu network rationale to blend the British Ministry of Magic with Paris section.​
  • Digging what looks to be a non-roller coaster Harry Potter ride design, which indeed would allow for far greater flexibility in special effect design.​
  • Oh the irony of Imelda Staunton playing political enemy, post The Crown. 😅

Its the 1920's for the streets and after the main films plot for the ride. No need to worry about time or space in Paris Potter though because magic and time tuners. If two London settings can be in different parks then sure why not.

The flying dragon is larger and testing higher than I imagined but so neat to see them actually going for it. I could see that canonically correct from just about any of the worlds. Monsters is a stretch I guess but there's enough places to get a drink to help pretend its Dracula.

Newly released video on Epic Universe's Wizarding World area.

Those streets of Paris are certainly a gamble. Diagon Alley was built up throughout several books and movies as a key location in the lore. It is visited many times and viewed from several perspectives through Harry's eyes: as a place of childhood whimsy of the first visit in Philosopher's Stone, showing the first hint of a darker side to wizarding society in Chamber of Secrets, giving the taste of the wizarding world outside Hogwarts in Prisoner of Azkaban, being mostly inaccessible to Harry as he clashes with the ministry in Order of the Phoenix, being an indication of dark times and depression in Half-blood Prince, and finally the site of the heist in Deathly Hallows. It's an iconic place the reader (and viewer!) is fully immersed in and gives a real sense of recognition between books and movies. It's a location full of iconic sights and shops.

Likewise, Hogsmeade is given somewhat less attention in the books, and certainly in the movies, but it is adjacent to Hogwarts itself, which is *the* iconic location for the entire series.

Meanwhile, 1920's Paris is visited in one scene in what is by far the most disjointed and messy movie in the franchise. There's one passing reference to one French wand shop in Goblet of Fire. That's all the material the series gives to work with. No matter how excellent the execution, the place won't have the same draw and recognition that Diagon Alley has, not to mention Hogsmeade. That's probably why they saw the need to connect it to a more recognizable location (the Ministry of Magic, which only appears in the fifth and seventh books/movies), even though that connection makes no logical sense.

I have faith that Universal will manage to deliver some truly great rides, but in the long run I doubt it will rival the other two Potter locations for popularity.