What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

If it can’t even get round the track, it’s not completely unreasonable to assume that it might not be safe - from a GP perspective.

I’d be generally apprehensive to subject myself to something than evidently ‘doesn’t work’.

Last edited:
Do we think it will get a permanent parking spot next to the drop 🤣
Alton Towers kept a cherry picker in situ for The Smiler when that had opening year issues, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Thorpe did the same for Hyperia at least in the short term.

I wonder what they'll to do to reduce the risk of this happening again?

Water dummies for morning tests? Increase lift speed? Reduce the maximum wind limit for operation?

I wonder what they'll to do to reduce the risk of this happening again?

Water dummies for morning tests? Increase lift speed? Reduce the maximum wind limit for operation?

Probably all of the above - seems like fairly easy fixes to stop something like that from happening again.

I think it will especially be a problem at the start of the season when the weather can be much colder + later in October.

It's unfortunate, but I think running on one train is the lesser of two evils compared to not having it running at all.

At least the park are psyching people up for it being on one train in advance and warning that queueing times could be extended, though, so it won't come as a surprise.

I must admit, though, that I am morbidly intrigued to see how long the advertised queue gets with 1 train operation on the ride's 2nd operating weekend...