What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

cookie

Giga Poster
They apparently opened up the new Alpenexpress for season-pass holders to make up for Voltron going down. Surprised it was even ready to accept riders already.

FogZog

Mega Poster
The section it valleyed on is a pretty quick part of the ride following a large drop. Was it a gust of wind or something?

Trax

Hyper Poster
keep in mind that the overbanked turn after the curve is fairly high compared to the MCBR. The nighttime temperatures are still fairly low, combined with maybe some wind it might have just been enough to keep the train from clearing the overbank.

I can confirm from a friend who is at the park, that they opened Alpenexpress instead.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Oh dear :(
b5pd120brmwc1.png

I hope it's sorted for tomorrow for Nicky et al!
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/1ccseeg
They had a crane there almost immediately, it’ll be fine :)

I hope…

ChrisCoaster

Roller Poster
Is it ONLY BEYOND VERTICAL?

The theming is indeed exceptional, transporting your senses to another level. However, the "enjoyment" your body must experience is equally intense.
Here's why. My personal review after spending more than two hours in the themed area and riding five times during yesterday's fan preview:

1) Theming:
The themed area, Croatia, is already beautifully designed, especially when the bright sandstone is bathed in the evening sun, it feels like you're at the Adriatic. What's truly astonishing is the theming inside the hall: from the thundering sound and ceiling lightning bolts to the opening and closing panels, along with props adorned with glowing cables. You walk in and are just blown away by how incredible it is. It's on the level of Galaxy's Edge, albeit on a lot smaller scale.

2) Operations:
Once again, Europa-Park demonstrates their thoughtful approach to realistic and feasible ride management, aiming for the ultimate visitor experience. The conveyor belt station has been further optimized and designed for non-suspended / wing coasters.

3) Novelty / innovation:
While the launch into the inverted top hat seemed like a last-minute solution due to concerns about their LSM module power, the “Ejection Drifter” and the “Shaking / Drop Track” are innovative. The latter is a surprising way to begin the ride (fits the story), but the former is less thrilling than anticipated from the promotional images, as it's more of a sudden sideways jolt than a gradual increase and decrease of force.

4) (Re-)rideability:
Any complaints about speed or height are far from the truth. It's incredibly intense and exhilarating. The ride jostles and throws you from side to side. It's quite surprising because the experience doesn't match the smoothness you see when observing it. Literally, it's beyond enjoyable (at least) for me. You'll need the turntable to catch your breath halfway through. There's no free choice of seats; the five different ones I tried felt vastly different from each other—inside versus outside (+30% intensity), left versus right (+20%!!), and front versus rear (+20%). It's insane. Specifically, four elements stand out: Firstly, the looping launch has two significant jolts—first upon entering the straight section (rear!!) and especially when exiting (front!!). I don't understand why this wasn't curved. Secondly, the airtime hill before the left turn over the river Elz into the dive loop towards the turntable. This isn't airtime; it's just an uncomfortable upward thrust. Thirdly, the first hill of the double-up—too much sudden upward force. Lastly, after the brake run at the tower, your body is moving straight forward, and suddenly the track drops into the corkscrew.

Overall, surprisingly, I wish the perfectly timed operations would slow down to allow more time to appreciate the beautifully designed queue line, which is a true highlight (apart from the out-of-place advertised Rimac vehicle. Why?). You ride the coaster once for the experience (and count) and maybe a second time after a break (!) to fully comprehend the elements, but that's about it.

I think the issue is that they packed too many elements into a relatively short track and space: seven inversions, four launches, a turntable, a shaking effect track with a slight drop, over ten elements, seven trains, flashes and effects everywhere... In my opinion, they've gone too far, constantly jolting, rattling and pulling your body uncomfortably from one element to the next. Unfortunately, it's far from a smooth ride along a beautifully artistically designed heartline.

So, you leave the area with an overwhelmed headache and wonder, was it only beyond vertical?

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Europa Park currently making Merlin look like gods of planning a launch… This is an absolute shambles, seems as if they’d no idea what was going to hit them.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Europa Park currently making Merlin look like gods of planning a launch… This is an absolute shambles, seems as if they’d no idea what was going to hit them.
Oof, I take it the launch is becoming a right mess? I'll have everything crossed that you can get some rides in today!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster

Are you waiting in park at a rope drop? I seem to remember that’s how they open the park.

Good luck and I hope the ride is a good one 🤞

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Are you waiting in park at a rope drop? I seem to remember that’s how they open the park.

Good luck and I hope the ride is a good one 🤞
We were near the front of rope drop, but the area was already full when we got there and they’d closed it off, so we couldn’t get in.

Then they started sending people in the area out too, due to ‘technical issues.’

My biggest issue is that they do not seem prepared for the volume of people, no extra queueing systems in place, and all actions from security seem ‘reactionary’ rather than planned.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Tbf bet theres a lot more people on park today that Merlin ever get
Nicky's point sounded like was Europa were not prepared for the spike of guests in a concentrated area, or for things to go wrong. Delays could have happen to either launch. Advanced consideration alongside a high profile advertising campaign would help to be evident and in place for all eventualities.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Tbf bet theres a lot more people on park today that Merlin ever get
Universal extended queue lines in preparation for Hags…

Alton Towers recognised the expected jump in guests and had the organised queue run all the way around to the RMT entrance.

Phantasialand announced in advance that the area itself had a limited capacity, and that there would be a queue to access it. Even offering unlimited access to CL guests as a way to get around it.

It doesn’t seem like Europa Park have prepared well for this at all.

Ollie

CF Legend
We’re in a queue :)
Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly for you. Will be interesting to hear what the queue length gets to and how speedy the ops are.
Definitely looks like a trip back to Europa is in order. When I last went there was no Blue Fire or Wodan so plenty of new things to try.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly for you. Will be interesting to hear what the queue length gets to and how speedy the ops are.
Definitely looks like a trip back to Europa is in order. When I last went there was no Blue Fire or Wodan so plenty of new things to try.
Europa parks ops are incredible, queue seems to be moving well for a new ride. Few short pauses but nothing serious.

Interestingly I’ve seen 3 roll backs already, and they look awesome with the automating swing re-launch… Looks like there’s a good chance of getting one too…