What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

I think the cages leading in and out of the station (while obviously mainly for safety) are kind of cool. I'm not a huge fan of the other fencing though. Hopefully there's not too much of that and we get more of the cool laser-cut lower stuff we saw a couple of months ago.

And as with almost all theme park projects, I'm sure it'll look a lot better once all the plants and greenery has been planted and grown in.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The cages are surely a safety feature, allowing us to queue directly under fast parts of the ride?

We know all too well that rides can and do shed parts and that passengers can and do drop loose articles. We all know how catastrophic those otherwise minor incidents can turn out. If these cages allow us to queue directly underneath the ride, enjoy those views, without any silly locker faff, then I'm all for them. At least they haven't gone for the fully steel wrapped option, like on Smiler, the nets above seem way less claustrophobia inducing.

catsounds

Mega Poster
the plans do mention climber plants for the queue line
image.png

Bobby McBobface

Roller Poster
the plans do mention climber plants for the queue line
image.png

As much as I'd like to take the plans as gospel, we've already seen several times with this project that things will be removed for "creative" reasons. I would be surprised if the majority of the landscaping, and plants in the plan, come to fruition. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Swat

Hyper Poster
The rumours were they're onsite not in the shed, at least that's what I had seen. A lot of people are saying Jack has already filmed the train reveal video and is just waiting till Thorpe give the green light.

Jacks videos are usually a good few days and sometimes weeks behind due to permissions etc.

Its good to see the chain and most likely other systems have been tested, I would guess we will see testing before the weeks end.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The rumours were they're onsite not in the shed, at least that's what I had seen. A lot of people are saying Jack has already filmed the train reveal video and is just waiting till Thorpe give the green light.

Jacks videos are usually a good few days and sometimes weeks behind due to permissions etc.

Its good to see the chain and most likely other systems have been tested, I would guess we will see testing before the weeks end.
Well... I didn't get chance to read your post Swat and reply before this pretty much says what I would have said.... A 'lot of people' talk **** mate...

All those people claiming they were on site "I've seen them, they're on the island" "Jack's lying, he already filmed them" Don't they look silly now?

Edit to add: Before anybody says 'they may still have been on the island, and just been moved today...' They may have been, but that's not the point, the point is people claiming they've seen them, or that they 'know' something when they don't... Because A) The wood and everything else is bone dry and clean, they have clearly not been out in the open where anybody could see them, exposed to the elements and B) They're still wrapped in mack wrapping, so unless Jack filmed them whilst still wrapped...

Last edited:

Swat

Hyper Poster
Well... I didn't get chance to read your post Swat and reply before this pretty much says what I would have said.... A 'lot of people' talk **** mate...

All those people claiming they were on site "I've seen them, they're on the island" "Jack's lying, he already filmed them" Don't they look silly now?
Egg on my face for believing random coaster twitter/youtubers with 'insider information' ay

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Egg on my face for believing random coaster twitter/youtubers with 'insider information' ay
Not your face Swat... Their faces... You never once claimed to 'know' something you didn't, speculating on something is entirely different to pretending you know something. Youtube and social media is full of them, and it seems to be getting worse with people who claim to be 'in the know.' But people like Jack and Sean (LH&T) are good eggs. Jack may not reveal everything he knows, but he certainly doesn't make stuff up for views / likes. Sean definitely gets hold of genuine information, and he also does a fair amount of speculation. But he always makes it very clear what is info and what is speculation.

Thing is, they might still turn out to have been technically 'correct,' Not sure the trains would have come all the way on an open low loader, likely moved from a staging area somewhere. Or maybe they did come all the way on a flatbed, I've no idea. But either way, they 100% don't look like they've been kept outdoors for people to see. Or maybe I'm wrong, and will end up with egg on my face... It'll all come out in the wash. 🤷‍♂️

(If you can't tell, it's been getting on my tits, the amount of people on Youtube, Reddit and x claiming to 'know stuff.' 🙈 😂 I'll stop ranting now.)