What's new

League of Goons 2024: Q&A

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you have any questions regarding this year's League, post in here or PM me and your questions will be answered.

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, do you still want a link to any trip report we write, or do you just want us to put “Y” for Trip Report in the input post?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
In a similar vein to Matt, what about any photos? (i.e. Proof of solo ride, ORP etc.) Place them in the usual place in the list, or just mark how many in the list and post them below?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Out of interest, do you still want a link to any trip report we write, or do you just want us to put “Y” for Trip Report in the input post?
Good point - yes, please add a link below the standard form template.

In a similar vein to Matt, what about any photos? (i.e. Proof of solo ride, ORP etc.) Place them in the usual place in the list, or just mark how many in the list and post them below?
As above - please add them below the post.

I've edited the template post here: LINK
Date: 12/04/2014
Park: Parc Asterix
Roller Coasters: 15
Front Row/Back Row/Solo/New-to-Me: 8
Water/Dark/Flat/Other Attractions: 4
Shows: 1
New-for-2024: 0
ORP/ORV/Character/Proof of Solo Ride: 1
CF-Live: N
Trip Report: Y
Please then insert links to trip reports, photos, etc, below the submission.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
In relation to the new input format, if one were to experience over 50 cycles on roller coasters over the course of a visit, how would one distinguish between cycles on different coasters so as not to incur the reduced per-cycle point value that comes after 50 cycles on one ride? The new input format doesn’t appear to offer any way of separating different rides.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In relation to the new input format, if one were to experience over 50 cycles on roller coasters over the course of a visit, how would one distinguish between cycles on different coasters so as not to incur the reduced per-cycle point value that comes after 50 cycles on one ride? The new input format doesn’t appear to offer any way of separating different rides.
Ah perhaps my wording wasn't clear in the rules. It's cycles/day. No need to differentiate between different coasters. :)

Would have affected ten submissions in 2023 (out of 638) - so not a huge change really, but tries to curb some gratuitous runaway point scoring.

JackFish

Mega Poster
Ah perhaps my wording wasn't clear in the rules. It's cycles/day. No need to differentiate between different coasters. :)

Would have affected ten submissions in 2023 (out of 638) - so not a huge change really, but tries to curb some gratuitous runaway point scoring.
Trying to make my SDC marathons less point worthy???? ;)

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
If I were to, let’s say, get a job at a park, and hypothetically got assigned a position in which doing my job requires riding the ride, like (again hypothetically) Sky Tower at SeaWorld Orlando, would I be able to in that case claim hypothetical LoG points for each hypothetical ride cycle I performed?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If I were to, let’s say, get a job at a park, and hypothetically got assigned a position in which doing my job requires riding the ride, like (again hypothetically) Sky Tower at SeaWorld Orlando, would I be able to in that case claim hypothetical LoG points for each hypothetical ride cycle I performed?
You would not. Any visits to parks or rides ridden as part of your working hours at said park, do not count. If you clock off work and have a quick ride while not 'on the clock' before going home, I would probably allow that. On a trust basis. :)

This is random, but happens a lot in America. I thought of this at Knotts a few weeks ago when some regional dance and cheer competitions where at the park. If I was to watch those, or a showcase for other groups of people not listed on the parks app or website, would it count as a show? They have a show times board outside the theater they preform in, but not indicated anywhere else by the park. I know this happens a lot in California and Florida this time of the year, so I was just curious for future reference. Thanks to whoever answers this...have a great day :)

Will

Strata Poster
Apologies if I've not read properly but seems to be some disagreement - can new for 2024 points be claimed for each ride (up to 5 per visit) or only once per visit?

..at the risk of giving Nick even more of an advantage... :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Apologies if I've not read properly but seems to be some disagreement - can new for 2024 points be claimed for each ride (up to 5 per visit) or only once per visit?

..at the risk of giving Nick even more of an advantage... :p
You get one "new for 2024" point per new ride in the park - up to a maximum of five rides in the park (this is to prevent one visit to a 'new parks/lands' dominating really heavily). Any number of laps on a new ride only gives you one "new for 2024" point. I have generally allowed people to claim the "new for 2024" points again on separate visits as I couldn't ever be arsed to track it.

E.g.
  • I'd allow Nemesis to be claimed for ONE "new for 2024" point per visit - regardless of number of laps.
  • You'd get a maximum of FIVE "new for 202X" points when Epic Universe opens.

Does that make sense?

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Quick one, are you happy for us to post our ride count breakdown in a spoiler, incase anyone does want to record it, so long as we follow the main template?